Trashy Games and Trashy Food

"Please," I dragged out as I looked up at Jess with a pout on my lips. His arm went around my shoulder as we walked around town in the early morning of a Thursday. I had on a long black coat that went around my school uniform to keep me warm from the cold December air.

I watched my step to make sure my shoes don't accidentally get completely soaked from stray puddles of melted snow. Jess looked down at me with a shake of his head. His dark leather jacket hung around his shoulders as he smirked at me.

"I told you, I'm not going to that stupid winter carnival." He repeated his words. I'd been trying to get him to agree to go with me but he seemed so adamant not to.

I wrapped my arm around his waist as I spoke. "But why not?"

"Because these things are stupid," he says as if it were obvious.

I groan at his words. "But it's the Stars Hollow High Winter Carnival," I emphasis hoping to get him to change his mind.

"So? It's just winter," he retaliated as I separated from him. We both stop as we face each other. The two of us stood in the middle on the town square.

Opening my arms, I gesture towards our surroundings. The trees were all dusted with a coat of snow and the ground was covered in white. There were lights wrapped around the gazebo as people made advanced decorations for tonight. No matter where you looked you couldn't escape the beautiful sight of pure white snow.

"It's just winter," I mocked in his voice with a scoff. "Look around! It's the best time of year."

Jess walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before we continued to walk towards Luke's for breakfast. "You're just saying that because you get presents for Christmas."

"No I'm not," I argue as I take his warm hand in mine. "Just go with me tonight, they'll have trashy food and trashy games. You know how much we love trashy games!"

"No," he starts with a glance toward me. "I know how much you love trashy games."

I scoff at his words and roll my eyes. "You're just bitter cause I'm better at them than you."

"That is the worst lie I've ever heard." He retorts back with a smile. "We both know I can beat you at any game."

"Well then, why don't you come tonight and prove it," I challenged as I raised my eyebrow.

Jess let's out a sigh as we both stop in front of the road. He turns me around so that we're facing each other. "I walked right into that one didn't I?"

"Yup," I said smugly. He takes ahold of the straps of the backpack that rested on my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"How about, you go meet Lane and Rory there then we'll hook up later," he offered with a encouraging grin.

I shook my head, declining his efforts. "Jess," I began but he cut me off.

"That's my final offer ma'am," he told me with a raised eyebrow. I may be stubborn but Jess is just as stubborn as me.

"Fine," I give in as he grins triumphantly. He kissed me softly as we crossed the road, nearly walking right into a car. "One day we're gonna be road kill," I remark.

~~~

I took in the beautiful sight of Stars Hollow on a winters night. The fairy lights were lit up as they wrapped around the trees. You could see the carnival which consisted of tents and various coloured lights throughout the town. People were mingling around, some the usual people who I could name and some just tourist here for a quick stop.