XLIX

Y/N's POV
Word Count: 1,286

Important A/N - This chapter takes place years in the future for our campers.

     "You might wanna' take a look at this," Ashlyn noted. She placed a crumpled piece of paper into my hands. "It was on the door."
     Hesitantly, I flattened the paper. Ash glued her eyes to the paper. "Look man, we just met. If this is something personal I'm not so sure I need my brand new college dorm-mate seeing it on day four," I warned.
     "Sorry," she sighed. Ashlyn massaged the nape of her neck as she backed away sheepishly.
     "Thank you." I scanned the paper.

     Y/N,

312 Oakwood Dr. Frat house. You won't miss it.

     -be there @ 5:00

     My eyebrows furrowed. "I really want to know what it says!", begged Ashlyn. "This is the most interesting thing that's happened to us since move-in day!"
     I crumpled the note up and shoved it in my back pocket, shaking my head. "I'll be back," I groaned. "Ash, you've gotta' let me handle this on my own." I shut the door behind me, making my way to the elevator at the end of the hallway. This is so weird. How do I even know the note's for me? I skipped the elevator and took the stairs. Somehow I'd ended up in my car. Is this safe? Should I do this? I'd connected my GPS to car. I bet it's a prank. My right foot pressed the brake while my right hand shifted the car into reverse.
I'd found myself on the highway. According to my GPS I'd been a measly four exits away from the given destination.

My GPS led me to a cobblestone driveway at the end of a "dead end" road. This is a weird-ass looking frat house, but okay. I continued up the driveway as trees in the distance parted to reveal a huge log cabin. What the hell? I would have turned around by this point had I not noticed the red solo cups all over the front porch. I parked in the grass near a few other cars - every single one of them being absolute shitboxes. I eyed up the cabin as I exited my car and locked it. Party streamers hung from the upstairs balconies. The word "platypus" had been written in graffiti across one of the windows.
     The wooden stairs creaked as I neared the front door. Ashlyn would kill me if she knew what I was doing. I laid my dominant palm on the front door. The door was meant to be stained with a dark tint, however most of the stain had worn off. I should've told Ashlyn where I was...just in case. I shook the thought away and knocked on the door. I heard male voices from the inside of the building. Footsteps from inside the house approached the front door.
     The door swung open. "Oh, jeez," he stumbled back. The shaggy dirty blonde shook his head and walked into the front porch, shutting the door behind him. "H-How'd you find me?"
     I raised an eyebrow. "I don't know who you are. Someone sent a note to me," I explained. The man frowned. "D-Do we know each other?"
     He clasped his hands and sighed. "I thought we did. You look like someone I used to know, her name was Y/N-"
     "That's me," my jaw dropped. I offered him my hand. "I'm Y/N! I must be in the right place. Here." After shaking his hand I showed him the note. "Who wrote this?" We locked eyes. "Oh my God. Harrison!"
     We came in for a long embrace. "It's so good to see you again!", Harrison gushed. He pulled away and smiled at me, leaving his hands on my shoulders. "I think the person you're looking for is Max."
     My eyes widened. "You're still in touch?", I asked. Harrison nodded and brought his hands back to his sides. "After all these years?"
     "Yes," he replied. "I lost communication with him after I aged out of Camp Campbell. I started talking to him again about a year or two ago when we both started working at the same gas station to make ends meet."
     The front door of the cabin opened to reveal Max. We locked eyes. He wasn't that boy I'd known summers ago, he was a grown man piecing his life together. "It's me," I mouthed. I smiled sweetly.
     Harrison backed away. Max took advantage and moved closer to me. I exchanged a look with Harrison. He pursed his lips and nodded, walking back into the house and shutting the front door behind him. "Long time, no see," Max greeted. His hands remained stuffed in his pockets. "Well? Happy to see me? Do you even remember me?" I stared blankly. "Okay bitch, listen up-"
     "I'm gonna' stop you right there," I placed my pointer finger on Max's lips, shushing him. I took a deep breath. "I do remember you. It's a lot to take in." I scanned him. His typically unkept afro was now well-groomed. For some odd reason I felt like his jawline was more prominent today than it had been years ago. Max was far taller now, possibly just an inch or two under six feet tall. He was wearing a black t-shirt with dark jeans. "Max."
     He removed his hands from his pockets and took mine. "I bet it feels like you don't even know me anymore," Max acknowledged. He cupped my chin, admiring my features. "Let's catch up." I nodded. He walked past me and motioned for me to follow, sitting on a hanging bench. I took a seat beside him. "I was dead set on forgetting about you. I knew I'd never see you again." Max placed his hands behind his head, chuckling. He had a new glow, something I hadn't noticed before. He seemed happier. "I was such a dumbass. I thought about you every single day. Isn't that insane? Aren't I ridiculous?"
     I shook my head. "No," I reassured. My legs swung back and forth. I pushed a lone section of hair behind my ear. "I think we really bonded. We knew each other better than anyone else had. That's a very good reason to keep someone in your conscience."
     "I want to start over with you." My heart dropped. "Y/N, give me another shot," Max breathed. His seafoam gaze pierced through me. His two-toned lips started to attract my attention.
The tension was unbearable. "Where do we go from here?", I asked. A curious hand found it's way behind my head. My breath shook. Max rested his other hand on my shoulder. We were older now, but the way his hands felt against my body took me back to the counselors' cabin years ago when we'd shared our most intimate moment.
"Wherever we want," he smirked. I bit my lower lip. It was killing me.
My breath shook. "Oh my god," I mouthed.
"What?", Max flirted. He knew exactly what he was doing.
I couldn't stand it any longer. "Kiss me," I begged. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. Max snickered. He knew I was at his mercy.
"What a reunion!", Max laughed. His curly locks bounced with his laughter. I crawled into his lap and placed a hand on this back of his head bringing his lips into mine. For the first time in years I'd felt the most explosive spark. His lips were like candy, I couldn't get enough. He pulled away for a moment. "Wow." Max moved in and continued kissing me. A million little memories faded in and out of my mind as sparks continued to fly. Finally, we separated. It felt like Max and I had never fallen out of touch. I was right where I belonged.

                                               The End.   (for now..)

__________________________
A/N - Your support on this story has been the ABSOLUTE MOST INCREDIBLE THING. I want to write a huge paragraph about how much I love you but I've come to the decision that it's best to make my announcement: I do plan on making a sequel to this story, but only if it's something you guys would be interested in reading. Let me know in the comments if you want a sequel please! -☁️

Comment Question of the Chapter:

Do I write a sequel to this book? I want to, but I don't know if my readers are still interested in more.