Chapter 29- The Firebending Masters

Aang and Zuko were practing their firebending, while I was watching on the sidelines.

To be honest, I was completely out of it. I knew I wouldn't be able to firebend.

My book told me I had to go to somewhere, but I got interrupted while reading, like always.

"That's all you showed him." Zuko screamed at me.

"What?" I say snapping out of my daydream.

Zuko pinches the bridge of his nose. "Never mind." He sighs.

"Whatever loser." I say, grabbing my book and flipping through the pages to see if I could find anything about the coolers again.

"Don't patronize me," Zuko yells. "You know what it's supposed to look like."

"Woah, Calm down, Jamal don't pull out the nine."

Aang snickers. "Sorry, Sifu Hotman."

"And stop calling me that." Zuko yells.

Can you believe I füćked this dude. He's nothing like he was in Ba Sing Se. He's a little to angry for my liking.

Sokka walked by. "Hey, jerks. Babe."

I smiled.

Sokka sat on my lap.

"Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerk bending?"

"Get out of here." Zuko screams.

I flinched.

"Ok, take it easy," Sokka says. "I was just kidding around."

"Wanna come with me babe."

"Yeah." I respond.

Sokka suddenly laughs. "Jerk bending. Still got it."

I smile.

*ೃ༄ *ೃ༄ *ೃ༄

"Listen, everybody," Zuko announces. "I've got some pretty bad news. I've lost my stuff."

The group eyed Toph and I.

"Don't look at me." I say.

"Yeah," Toph says. "I didn't touch your stuff."

"I'm talking about my firebending," Zuko says. "It's gone."

Katara starts to laugh and coldy jokes about how convenient it would have been for the us if Zuko's bending had failed him months ago.

Zuko suggested it was probably because he changed sides.

Aang hypothesizes that Zuko must not have enough rage to create fire like he used to in the past.

Sokka quickly got up, poking Zuko with his sword.

"Ok, cut it out!"

Toph encourages Zuko to learn from the original source of firebending like how she learned earthbending from the badgermoles, who were the original earthbenders.

"Well, that doesn't help me," he responds. "The original firebenders were the dragons, and they're extinct."

"What do you mean?" Aang asked. "Roku had a dragon, and there were plenty of dragons when I was a kid."

"Well, they aren't around anymore, ok?"

"Ok, ok." Aang apologizes.