31 | night changes

"Oh, fuck, fuck, fuck." I grip his hand tighter as the plane takes off.

"Hey, Vee, just breathe." I feel his hand press against my cheek to turn my head towards him, but I still don't open my eyes.

Taking off is a difficult thing for me to do. I don't know why, it's always been this way.

"It's easy for you when you're not freaking out." I raise my voice at him unintentionally.

"Baby-"

"Just tell me that everything will be alright." I cut him off, speaking faster than anticipated.

"Okay, okay." He leans closer so I feel his breath against my mouth. "It will be alright... nothing's gonna happen to us. We'll be alright."

Just like I thought, his voice calms me immediately. Hearing him say that is enough for me to feel better.

But the plane was still moving and I didn't know what else to do.

I lean on my head on the headrest and I grip his hand tighter, digging my nails in his skin. I'll apologize for that later.

Harry leans closer to my ear, exhaling his warm breath against my earlobe. That sends chills through my body and goosebumps erupt on my skin.

"Imagine you're home, at your special spot." His deep voice in my ear sends another chill down my spine.

"W-What?" I stutter, overwhelmed by his voice so close to me.

"Just imagine that for me, will ya?" I nod and picture myself back at my special spot. It's been so long since I've been there.

"Imagine you're laying on the soft grass, staring up at the night sky." He continues, his voice is soft.

"Are you there with me?" I ask him.

"If you want me to be in your imagination." He answers and I nod. I begin to imagine what he wants me to.

I'm laying on the soft grass beside him. We're both staring up in the sky. It's dark outside but we're both finding comfort and safety in each other's presence.

"The stars are the only thing we're watching along with the moon. And the moon is shining like in the Grand Canyon." He continues.

I'm picturing the stars and their constellations, but the moon he wants me to see is just white for me.

"I've never been there," I tell him with my eyes still closed.

"You've never been to Arizona?" I would glare at him if I could right now, but I only shake my head.

"No."

"Oh, right, sorry." He apologizes. "It's a yellow-ish moon, not the white you usually see. It's darker but still bright enough to light up the sky."

"It sounds beautiful," I say as I see that moon in my mind, calming in a way I didn't think it would.

He chuckles and whispers, "Remind me to take you on a trip to show you the world."

Suddenly I remember where I am and widen my eyes to see that the plane is not tilted back anymore and that it's flying still in the air.

I keep my grip on Harry's hand and loosen it a bit to see the marks I left on the back of his hand.

"Sorry," I say looking at his eyes.

He looks down at our intertwined hands and back at me. "It's nothing, I didn't even feel it."

The words he used would make me suspect but the tone in his voice is only sounding like the truth.

He leans back in his seat and stares at the other chair in front of him. "Tell me, why did you decide to come with me?"