40 | woman

you keep his shirt
he keeps his word
and for once, you let go 
of your fears and your ghosts
one step, not much
but it said enough

• • •

two weeks later

"Happy birthday, baby," I whisper, leaning closer to plant a kiss on his cheek as I see him opening his eyes.

At first, he looks confused but once he meets my eyes, his face softens, looking at me with the same warmth in his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asks me.

"Nine a.m.," I answer with a smile.

"Too early." He groans, closing his eyes.

I laugh, starting to trace my fingertips over his soft face, remembering that he used to wake up at six a.m., and now, this seems too early for him.

I peck Harry's cheek before I decide to turn around to sit on the edge of the bed. I stretch my arms out, groaning under my breath at the pleasure of my muscles stretching. Then I stand up, and I smile as I see my bag on the floor.

When I bought his birthday gift, I didn't really know what to get him. And then I thought about this thing that we both do.

I hear Harry shift on the bed as I go over to my bag, and I crouch down on the floor to unzip it and take the little velvet box out. I zip my bag back and turn around, standing on my feet to face Harry who's already stood near the bed, only wearing his black boxers

"I have something for you," I smirk.

He raises his eyebrows, also smirking. "Really?"

I hum a yes as I nod my head, walking closer, feeling my cheeks begin to slightly burn. "We've been doing this since we know each other." I look down, kneeling on the bed when I reach it. "This is our thing."

"What is?" He asks me, curiosity sparking in his voice.

I shift closer to him until he's standing in front of me, looking down at me. I show him the velvet box that's almost identical to the one he gave for my Christmas present.

"Is this what I think it is?" He takes the box out of my hand.

I look up at him to see him staring down at the little box in his hands with a big smile.

"I don't read minds, Harry," I say sarcastically, earning an eye roll from him. "Just open it."

He chuckles and opens the box, revealing the silver ring with three blue stones I bought him. He widens his eyes as if not expecting it.

"It's real silver by the way." I point at the ring as he takes it out of the box to admire it.

"Pick a finger," he whispers in awe, showing me his left hand where he's only wearing a ring on his middle finger — the bear ring I also bought him.

I take the blue stone ring and slide it on his index finger, smiling up at him. He looks down at his hand and wiggles his fingers, admiring them.

"Why the bluestones?" He smiles, already knowing the answer.

"Because your favourite colour is blue." I smile back. "Am I wrong?"

"No, you're not." He chuckles, wrapping his hands around my back to bring me closer to him until our chests are touching. "My favourite colour is in your eyes, darling."

I blush at his words, running my fingers through his soft hair to keep the strands out of his face. His hair is reaching now his collarbones, and I fucking love it. I have so much to pull from.