𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵

GETTING DRESSED FOR MY upcoming show has always been my favorite part

GETTING DRESSED FOR MY upcoming show has always been my favorite part. It also takes the longest. The moment my clothes are on I'm being strapped down to a bunch of wires and microphones.

My arms were held up while they put the box into my back pocket.

There was a knock on the door so someone went to open it. Mike took a few steps in. "Almost ready?" He asked.

"Yup. How's it looking?"

He pressed his lips together, "Full house."

"Did you see my Dad?" I asked hoping he was here already, but by the look on his face, I guess not. "Typical. He's late," I smiled to myself.

"Want me to bring him back when he gets here?"

"No, he probably won't be here until I'm already out there."

He nodded and stepped back, "Okay, then. 20 minutes," he tapped the door.

"Got it!"

A brush was being run through my hair again by the time the door shut.

He'll be here. Right? Hopefully,

He will be. He always is.

Before I knew it I was on stage singing and enjoying the presence of my fans and all the people I loved.

There was a small pause while we worked on transitioning to the next song. I turned to get a sip of water and that's when the crowd erupted in very loud screams.

I swallowed my water and did a quick turn.

"Woah, what's going on?" I pulled the mic back up.

That's when the chants started. Oh, god.

"Daddy Swan! Daddy Swan!"

"Of course, my dad. Where is he?" I stepped forward to look around. He's about 20 minutes late, per usual.

I moved down to look at the screen that was focused on him. Eventually, the lights went out into the crowd. Again, I turned.

Dad's face was beat red, he did a small wave to the screen. He had a beer in hand and a closed-lip smile on his face. A hand was on his shoulder, Zac was saying something to him.

"There he is. Hi, Dad!" I waved. "Nice shirt."

He nodded and looked down at his shirt. It was a white T-shirt with pictures of me and him all over it. He turned around to show the back.

Cue the screams.

"Wow, okay then. Give it up for... yeah I'm not saying that," I shook my head. This man really got 'Daddy Swan' printed on his shirt.

"Well, here's..." I looked back at Dad and sighed. "S-l-u-t!" I smiled as the music started up.

Once the show was over we all quickly left and drove back to the hotel. I know my dad, he's had enough interaction with people for the day. He needed quiet and alone time.