☼Six☼

Sarrin finally caught up to Iroh just as he rounded the corner near her old apartment. It seemed like he was on the most important mission of his life. A determined look filled his handsome face. 

"Iroh, really," she said. Sarrin's hands wrapped around one of his biceps, trying unsuccessfully to pull him to a stop. She slowed him down enough, though, to be able to step in front of him. She pressed her palms against his chest, saying, "I don't need them. Let's just go back to that store and get some new furniture."

"What are you so afraid of?" Iroh asked. 

He threw her off guard with that question, and Sarrin let her hands fall to her sides. "Nothing. I'm not afraid of anything."

"Why don't you want to get your furniture back?"

She shrugged. "What if he's there right now? Or has company? I don't want to see him again."

"You have nothing to worry about," Iroh said matter-of-factly. "You will be with me."

He turned on his heel and stalked toward her old apartment. His shoulder squared as he shoved the door open. Sarrin didn't want to follow him, but she still trailed behind him. Her last encounter with Jizak replayed in her mind with every step she took up the stairs. Why had he been so rude to her? What was he trying to accomplish with that? He should've known she was so much stronger than that to allow words to hurt her. 

Or was that even true? She had thought she was strong, but his words were like stab wounds across her body. He always pervaded her thoughts, telling her what to do. Or what not to do. 

"Sarrin, are you coming?" Iroh asked.

She glanced around her. She still stood on the stairs, and he was up on the landing. His hand was outstretched for her to take. She took it gratefully. The two of them stepped back into her old apartment, him asking, "What is all yours? We will get it out of here."

"How are we supposed to get it back to your apartment?" she asked suddenly, dropping his hand.

"I didn't think about that."

She stared at him, not sure if he was joking. However, he never joked. He had to be telling the truth. "You didn't come up with a plan on how we're supposed to get this stuff back to your place?" she asked.

"What did I just say?" he asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"I can't believe you," Sarrin said. "You're usually so cool and collected. Have you ever done anything without planning it out?"

"No. This is my first time being - what do you call it?"

"Spontaneous?"

Iroh nodded once. "Yes, spontaneous. This is my first time."

"How is it going?" she asked with a small smile on her face.

"Not so good right now."

His eyes scanned the living room with slight disgust. Jizak had made a mess of the place after she left. His clothes were strewn across every available surface. It hadn't looked like this when she got her clothes and money. At least then she could see the floor. Now, not so much. Clothes and food covered the majority of the floor.

"Had he always been this nasty?" Iroh asked, glancing at her.

"Of course not. I wouldn't allow this to happen."

Iroh nodded. He suddenly dug around through his pockets. Sarrin raised her eyebrows at him. What in the world was he doing? His attempts at finding whatever he wanted in his pockets proved futile. "What are you looking for?" she asked him, touching his shoulder.