Chapter10

Selena is exhausted. Emotionally and physically. She decided to just hole up in her apartment for a few days.
She is driving up her street and sees emergency lights all over. Oh no, she hopes an elderly neighbor didn't die in her building. She comes closer and sees her building is gone. She can't beleive her eyes. She tries to call her in-laws. No answer. The kids are both sleeping, she steps out of the car and shuts the door. She stands in front of the car and her knees give out. She is uncontrollably sobbing. Noone sees or hears her because of all the commotion.

Meanwhile Murdock is at the club for a club meeting. It's just ended and Steve is watching the news " hey guys check out this fire!   Oh my gawd! That's my nova!!!" that got Murdock attention. He looks and sees Selena in front of the car on the ground. He flew out of the lot without a word, the fastest he has ever driven.
He arrives beside the nova. He picks Selena up and holds her in his arms."its OK love, I got you."She calms down a bit but stays in his arms.
He pulls out his phone and calls the clubhouse." Maggie get someone to get the cabin in the back ready. We have guests for a bit"
"uhhh Murdock? Is that you? Sorry you've never called me I am in shock" she giggles " yes sir it'll be ready in 20"
Maggie and the old ladies asked the guys if they knew what was going on. Steve told them about the fire and that he'd met Selena and lent her his nova. She needs friends right now, he tells them. They all fixed the cabin up really nice for Selena and the kids. Stocked it with food, toys and drinks. The whole compound is shocked with Murdock speaking and mostly him helping a woman.  He ignores any woman who's not a members wife or fiancee. He's punched whores for touching him. Noone touches him at all. Craziness!! They didn't think there would ever be a woman that he was interested in.
Murdock got a guy to collect all the furniture from Selenas old house and store it in one of their warehouses. She's going to need it all now.