Chapter 11

Murdock rubs her back. "  OK, Hon, are you going to be able to drive? I have a place for you to stay but you have to be able to drive safely"
"is it far?"
"naw, 10minutes"
She nods and gets in the car. She follows him to a giant steel gate barbed wire ontop. She is too exhausted to be scared right now.
He leads her past a big house and up a dirt road past houses to a tiny cabin in the back.
" this OK for now? I am just a phonecall  away" Murdock tells her.
" ummm do you live far? I am going to be honest.  I don't want to be here alone." she felt really vulnerable but he made her feel comfortable.
"about 20. I can sleep on the couch if you want, but I have to get my dogs."
"I feel comfortable with you, I'll wait for you"
He leaves to get his dogs with a grin on his face. Nobody has ever said those words to him.
She can't sleep until he got back. His dogs took turns guarding the door. 30 seconds after he sits beside her on the couch he watches as Selena falls asleep beside him on the couch. He picks her up and puts her in bed.  He gets comfortable on the couch and falls asleep. What a draining day.
Selena dreamt of a big house and strangely she dreamt of Murdock dogs being there. Then he comes out of the house behind her. He has the same dream as her, but her belly is big with a baby.