Chapter 14.

The creepy guy that the dogs didn't even let close to her or the kids has her on edge. She knows the dogs will protect her and the kids. She won't admit it but she is scared to leave. They got groceries and kids movies the day after and she hasn't left the property since. The dogs are on edge too.
Lacie has started walking a bit, the dogs stick to her side. When she falls mack grabs her clothes so she doesn't fall hard.  The kids are both getting cranky, they miss Murdock badly. They don't understand. Kyle asked yesterday if he died like his first dad. Selena almost started crying. " no buddy, he is at work away from home"

They were all having a nap when she is woken by the dogs growling and snapping outside. She walks into the living room and looks outside. It's that man again. She grabs the gun and stands on the deck above. " how can I help you?  Boys! Alert!" both dogs stop barking but stand their ground.
"I'm looking for Selena Gartrell. I was told this is where she resides."
"what do you want with her?" Selena asks
" ummm, I have a court order to retreive Kyle Gartrell and Lacie gartrell"
They both hear a bunch of rumbling come up the driveway.  Murdock comes to a stop I front of the guy and gets off his bike. "why are you on my property?" the guy repeats what he told Selena. Murdock laughs. "the hell you are. What court order? We never went to court."
" umm there was a letter sent to Mrs gartrell to attend court and she never showed up. So the judge ruled infavour of the gratrells for custody"
"show me this court order" Myles pipes up. "there was never a letter delivered to Selena, her house burnt down and she has been living next to me for half a year. Gimme the judges info, I will resolve this. Those are my nice and nephew and they aren't going anywhere."
The guy is shaking and does as asked. He gets out of there as fast as he can.
Selena has collapsed on the deck crying.