Part-55

" I don't understand,why you all are behind this?", Subhadra asked with lour.

"Please try to understand Subhu..!, I'm telling this for your good", Dushala tried to calm her.

"Even you Dushu!, I haven't expected such words from you", Subhadra sat down with teary eyes.

"Listen to  your Sakhi for once Princess. This relationship with prince Arjun of yours cannot be continued", Parinitha said callously.
Subhadra returned a frown look at her.

"Listen subhu,  I'm not trying to blame you both.., I have witnessed your love for eachother.. and I wished to see you together...but...,now I want you to stop it before, the conditions get worser", Dushala said sitting near her.

" Nothing is going to be worser than this!", Subhadra whispered breakingly.

"You too have heard jiji's response right?, Do you think this will go well...,A girl can only understand the other girl's emotions, right?.  I'm telling this for both of your well being!", Dushala caressed her hair.
Subhadra covered her face on Dushala's shoulder.

"Think before you do princess!, Do you want your jiji's heart broke once again..., afterall she had done such a big sacrifice", Parinitha smirked.
Subhadra gulped.

"Tell me, what I have to do now?, Subhadra asked wiping her tears.

"Try to forget the past and ready to think of a new life", Dushala said cupping her face.

"But how?, You know that isn't so easy!",Subhadra said looking at Dushala.

"To get Married!,is the only way to escape from this Princess!", Parinitha stated her opinion.
Dushala nodded to her point.

" Subhu, actually bratha Duryodhan would like to be in an alliance with you!", Dushala said bowing her head.
Subhadra looked at her puzzled.

"Prince Duryodhan?, As a Princess, don't I even have the right to choose my groom?",Subhadra asked dispassionately.

"I know.. this is not the right time to ask for this!, But subhu, it will be good to marry a person, who truly accepts you and your feelings at the same time. And bratha Duryodhan knows about your feeling for bratha Arjun, then too he's ready to accept you wholeheartedly", Dushala said.

"Then fix it!, You won't get any chance like this Princess", Parinitha exclaimed.
Subhadra stood emotionless.

"I won't compell you , it's totally upto your choice", Dushala said placing her hand over subhadra's shoulder.

"I'm ready for this alliance ! Tell him", Subhadra said sternly.

"Are you sure?, You really want to do it? I'm not forcing you Subhu", Dushala asked looking at her.
Subhadra nodded.

"I'm happy for you Subhu!", Dushala said hugging her.
Subhadra faked a smile.

"I want to be alone for sometime!", Subhadra said without looking at them.
They nodded and left the chamber.

Parinitha stepped out of chamber smilingly and went towards Shakuni and Duryodhan.

"What did she say ?", Duryodhan asked curiously.

"Finally!, She accepted your proposal prince", she said with a relief.
Shakuni and Duryodhan exchanged a evil smile.

"Now it's the time to present the matter before Balram!",Shakuni said placing his hand on Duryodhan's shoulder.
Duryodhan nodded with a smirk.

Shakuni looked at Parinitha and whispered her to send Subhadra to Balram's chamber.
Parinitha smiled and left to subhadra's Chamber.

Parinitha entered the chamber and saw Subhadra laying on the bed.
She went near her and told her that Gandharraj has told her to be present at Balram's Chamber now.

Subhadra got up from the bed without any questions . She wiped her face and accompanied with Parinitha to Balram's Chamber.

At Balram's Chamber,

Duryodhan confessed his love for Subhadra before Balram. Balram was astonished and also happy to hear it.

"I'm really happy hearing it from you Duryodhan!, She will be very lucky to have you as her groom. But we should ask her opinion too right?", Balram asked smilingly.

Subhadra heard her bratha's words From the door. She gulped.

"Look princess!, Your bratha Is too happy with this alliance. What else you need now?", Parinitha said provoking her.
Subhadra hummed and entered the chamber.

"Why did you called me here, Gandharraj?",Subhadra asked .

"Well Princess, I just wanted to know your decision regarding my son Duryodhan's and your marriage", Shakuni asked glancing at her.
Balram looked at her for the response.

"Eh.. I'm ready to accept this proposal!", She said bowing her head.
Shakuni and Duryodhan exchanged a smile.

"I really appreciate your choice..bhadrey..!", Balram said cupping her face.
She faked a smile.

______________________________________

The Next day, the news of the marriage proposal reached the ears of everyone. Pandavas were shocked to hear it.

"What? That Duryodhan?, How can she accept it!",Bheem exclaimed frownly.

"Calm down Bheem!, We can't say anything without knowing the actual truth", Yudhisthir tried to calm him.

"I don't think this news is true!, After all my sister can't do this to my bratha", Nakul said looking at Arjun.
But Arjun remained quiet.

Arjun looked at Sahadev who was lost in the thoughts, in return he nodded his head slowly with a fake smile.

After sometime, they saw Dushala and Subhadra passing. They tried to pass without facing them, but Nakul called out them.

"Sister!, We heard a fake news this morning that you are going to marry bratha Duryodhan", Nakul asked smilingly.
Subhadra looked at Dushala who stood speechless bowing her head.

" Whatever you heard is not fake bratha!, It's true that I have given acceptance to his proposal!",She replied straightly.

They looked at astonishgly as they haven't expected such a reply from her side. Arjun felt like his last hope was getting vanished.

"You can't do this!I know someone has compelled you", Arjun asked looking at her eyes.
She ignored it.

"Not at all!, It was my decision. And I'm happy for it. Afterall, he's going to take the throne of Hastinapur soon and I will be the queen for sure. And don't worry, he's still ready to accept  me by knowing our relation!", She said sternly holding back her tears and left from there quickly.

Dushala followed behind her and while the others stood there with thunderstruck.

______________________________________
Vote and comment.