Part-36

Days passed ,

Hastinapur

"Mission is accomplished prince", Purochana said looking at Duryodhan.

"And finally..", Duryodhan said laughing with joyness.

"But, are you sure that they are dead", Shakuni asked Purochana narrowing his eyes.

"I have already poisoned their food and confirmed their death Gandhar Raj, and then set the fire to their house", Purochana said proudly.

"Well done Purochana, here is your reward", Duryodhan said handing over the money.

"Thank you so much Prince", Purochana said bowing his head.

"Make sure that it's a secret...or..", Shakuni said placing the knife on Purochana's neck.

"Yes.. Gandhar raj",he said nervously.
Shakuni hummed and released his knife from Purochana's neck.

"Leave Hastinapur now, you should not be seen here", Shakuni said looking at him.
Purochana nodded and left.

"We have to celebrate this victory mamashree", Duryodhan said laughing.

"Yes my son, now let's see who's gonna stand against your crowning", Shakuni said with a evil smirk.
Duryodhan nodded and smiled evily.

News about the fire spread all over Hastinapur, which shocked everyone.
All believed it to be an accident, and assumed that the Pandavas were dead. While the Kauravas rejoiced secretly.

While vidura was knowing the truth and shared it with Bhishma secretly.

______________________________________

Dwarka

Balram and Krishna was  in the discussion room, while a messanger interrupted them,

" I have got the news from Hastinapur that the Pandava Princes and their mother have been dead due to the accidental fire ",he said and left.

Balram was shocked on hearing the news but Krishna maintained a calm face.

"What is going on Kanha?I am not able to understand anything. And how can you stay so calm on hearing it", Balram asked nervously.

Krishna smiled and said" I have told you bratha, this is going to be a new start in their life".

Balram nodded slightly and whispered" Let it be..".

Subhadra's chamber,

"What? What do you mean sakhi?", Subhadra asked with aghast.

"Yes Princess, your brothers and their mother is no more..",Parinitha said trembling.

"No Sakhi, you are lying. This can't happen..., please..,Tell me that you are mistaken.....", Subhadra pleaded her with teary eyes.

"You have to accept the truth Princess", Parinitha said holding subhadra's hands.

"No Sakhi... it's not the truth", Subhadra said breaking down.
"They can't do this to me", she screamed and tears began to flow through her face.

"Please princess, calm down..", Parinitha said wiping subhadra's tears.

"How can I Sakhi..", Subhadra said with  breaking words and pressed her face against Parinitha's shoulder.

"I know it's hard, but you have to..", Parinitha said caressing subhadra's hair.

"I will be back", Subhadra said getting up and wiped her tears.

"Where are you going princess?", Parinitha asked confusly.

"To bratha Krishna, I think he will give answer to all my questions", Subhadra said controlling her emotions.

Parinitha nodded and saw Subhadra left the chamber.
"Maybe he can help her out", she thought hopefully.

Subhadra went to Krishna's chamber and saw him  observing the flute calmly.

"What brings you here sister?",he asked in a tranquilitic manner.

"Bratha, what I have heard is true?
Is my Mata and my brothers...", she asked with teary eyes.

"Fire cannot extinguish the soul but can annihilate the material body. But one protects the soul lives", he said caressing her hair.

"What do you mean bratha? Are they alive?", she asked with a hope.

He shrugged his shoulders and said"I can't answer that sister but remember,  The conflagration that devastates a forest cannot hurt a rat which shelters itself in a hole or a porcupine which burrows in the earth."

She nodded confusly and saw her brother smiling, which give her a relief and hope.

Parinitha saw Subhadra entering the chamber, and felt like she's better than before.
"What happened Princess?", she asked curiously.

"I don't know Sakhi, but his smile and calmness is generating a hope in me", Subhadra said with a slight smile.

Parinitha nodded smilingly and saw Subhadra move towards the window.

"I wish this hope doesn't break your heart Princess", Parinitha whispered to herself.

_____________________________________

A year passed,

In the outskirts of the jungle near Panchal.
Pandavas disguised themselves as saints and was busy with their works.

Bheem was breaking the woods into pieces and yudhisthir was collecting and gathering it. While a cowherd interrupted,

"I am so grateful to you Saint",he said with folding hands looking at yudhisthir.

"No, don't fold your hands sir . You are elder to me", yudhisthir said catching his hands.

"You make up my mind, you are the one responsible for my happiness, I will be always glad to you",he said with tears of joy.

"We divided ourselves among caste, creed, culture and countries but what is undivided remains most valuable: a mere smile and the love", yudhisthir said smilingly.

The cowherd nodded merrily.

"Where love exists, there exists a door to the happiness", yudhisthir said looking at the man.

"Her happiness will be my happiness",he said smiling.
" I invite you all for my sister's marriage. Please come and bless the couples",he said looking everyone.

Pandavas nodded smilingly.

"Let me take leave",he said looking at them.

"Stay for some more time", Nakul said smiling.

"I would like to, but I'm feeling like there's little time left for the marriage. So as the only brother, I have to check and do all the arrangements", he said with enthusiasm.

Pandavas  nodded with a smile and the man left.

"A brother's love for his sister..", Sahadev said smilingly.

"He seems to be so  excited, I would also like to be a busy brother like him at our sisters marriage....", Nakul said in a disappointing tone

"I'm really missing Dushala and Subhadra....", sahadev said and stopped suddenly as he noticed Arjun's smile fading away.
And they decided to not talk anything more.

While Kunti came towards them with water and noticed Arjun's state.

"Are you alright putr?", she asked looking at him.
He sighed.

"I will come back now",he said and walked from there.
_____________________________________

I guess it's a little bit boring chappy...😅😅😅😅😅...

Vote and comment