Noticeable Behavior

2 Months Later:

2 Months Later:

Queen Elinor of Dunbroch was working on her new tapestry. As of late, her eldest son, Meridus, had been acting very unusual. It made her wonder what caused this kind of behavior. She was broken out of her thoughts when her husband, King Fergus, came into their chambers.

"Hello love." Fergus greeted as he closed the door.

"Fergus, have you noticed anything strange going on with Meridus?" Elinor asked.

"How so, my love?" Fergus asked, confused.

"He's paying attention in his lessons, trying to keep the boys out of trouble, and almost arrives on time for meals or lessons. Not to mention, he's spending most of his time outside the castle." Elinor listed.

Fergus pondered for a moment as he sat down on the bed. He had somewhat noticed Meridus's odd behavior. But he had shook it off. Now that his queen had mentioned it, he realized that his eldest had been acting odd for a while. He thought about why he was acting that way. Then he slightly figured it out.

"I think I know why, my dear." Fergus inquired with a childish grin.

"What is it?" Elinor asked.

"I believe he's in love with a girl." Fergus confirmed, smiling.

Elinor had a look of disbelief on her face, "Are you sure?" 

"Well, what else could it be?" Fergus questioned, shrugged with his arms out.

"I see your point." Elinor agreed, somewhat, "But how come he hasn't introduced her to us yet?"

"Maybe he thinks that you won't approve of her." Fergus suggested.

"Perhaps." Elinor agreed.

Then she heard little footsteps nearby. She smiled as she got an idea and opened the door to their chambers and spotted her three triplets, "Boys," She called out to them and gestured to come over to her. They came over to her, "I have a job for you."

============================================

Meridus finished putting what he needed for today in his saddle bag and mounted Angus. Then he rode off out of the castle. The triplets watched their older brother leave the castle. Getting on their ponies, they followed after him.

===========================================

Meridus, unaware of the boys following him, soon arrived at the village's smithy and dismounted Angus. Hicca came out of the smithy when she saw Meridus near the window.

"Hey Meridus." Hicca greeted.

"Hey Hicca. Are you done for the day?" Meridus greeted back.