Red Death

So far it had been nearly three months since Hicca, Skylar, and the other dragons have escaped Berk which was a relief to all of them

So far it had been nearly three months since Hicca, Skylar, and the other dragons have escaped Berk which was a relief to all of them. So far Hicca's tribe haven't found her yet. The group were staying on a deserted island which served as their home.

As she stayed with Skylar and the arena dragons, Skylar helped her learn Dragonese. It took around a month and half, but she finally managed to become fluent with it. The dragons also helped her getting her muscle strength and learn how to defend herself. Hicca would also fish and go hunting with Skylar some of the time. She really enjoyed spending time with all of the dragons with her. Barely missing her old home.

Truth be told, she missed Berk, her old home. But the only thing she missed about it was Gobber and Gothi. The only two people who ever cared about her. She didn't miss the other members of her tribe. Asher especially. She couldn't believe that her father wanted her to be married to that cold-blooded heart jerk. Her father thought she would be happy with him? He was so wrong. How can her father marry the one person who told her that she should've been thrown into the sea when she was born? Can you really be happy with someone who said that to you?

At the moment, Hicca and Skylar were in the air, having some time to themselves. They liked these kind of moments. Whenever they flew together, it felt like they were free. Suddenly Skylar perked up and swerved to the right, which knocked Hicca out of her thoughts.

"Skylar, what are you doing?" Hicca asked. 

But she noticed that Skylar didn't seem to respond to her. Her eyes turned to thin slits and her ears perked and twitched. She looked up ahead and saw a huge fog.

It was Helheim's gate, where the dragon's nest is suppose to be. Whoever goes into the fog, never comes back alive. 

Suddenly a Monstrous Nightmare appeared from her right and flew beside the young Viking and the Light fury. Soon other dragons began to appear all around the two, ignoring them as they were flying towards something. Hicca noticed that all of the dragons were carrying big amounts of foods in their claws.

"It looks like they're hauling in their kill." Hicca muttered when she spotted a Zippleback carrying a dead yak in its claws. The Zippleback caught her staring and narrowed their eyes at her.

Then the dragons dove down and dodged through all of the sea sacks. They soon reached a tall hideous-looking island, with a giant, slightly red-glowing rock that seemed to grow up from the ground. Skylar easily maneuvered between the rocks and tunnels. Then the tunnels finally led to a ginormous hole in the volcano. Fog engulfed the hole, concealing whatever was in it. Hicca noticed that the dragons seemed to be dumping all their caught prey down the opening, which confused her.

"They're not eating any of it." Hicca whispered. 

Stealthy, Skylar managed to hide behind a boulder, out of view from whatever might spot them. Then she spotted a Gronckle flying towards the middle of the hole. The chunky dragon parted its jaws, letting a small regurgitated fish slide from its tongue. It felt into the depths below as the Gronckle carelessly scratched its ear with its a hind leg. An angry monstrous roar rang out, startling Hicca and Skylar. The Gronckle froze at the roar. It whimpered and started to fly away. Suddenly A ginormous dragon head, larger than three Monstrous Nightmares, shot up from the gaping hole of the volcano, opened its horrible jaws, and closed them on the Gronckle, swallowing him whole and retreated back into its hiding spot. Hicca gasped at the size of the creature. Cries and roars came from everywhere as all the rest of the dragons who quickly went into hiding behind the rocks. Hicca never thought there would a dragon that big in all of existence.