Chapter Thirteen: Wedding prep

My whole body shakes as I look down at the dress. It has a very slight pale pink tint to it, which Johnny will like. The top is covered in a flower pattern. The body is very flowy and free, which will help me walk on sand. The back is mostly open, with a few straps attaching the sleeves to the bottom. There is a deep V-neck in the front, revealing more breasts than I'm used to.

"I don't care what you wear, as long as you feel beautiful." Johnny's words echo in my head as I look myself over. I feel extremely beautiful, which is an unusual feeling for me. With a deep breath, I slip out of the room and make my way to my group. Ellen, Helena, Betty; Johnny's mother, and Winona all came with me. I was surprised any of them agreed to come with me.

"Oh my god." Helena gasps as I step up on the pedestal.

"Wow, are you sure that's the same girl that walked in?" Ellen laughs, sitting up straight on the couch. I just giggle and roll my eyes.

"Spin for us." Winona purr, not even trying to hide her excitement. I do as she asks, earning more gasps.

"Do you have a tattoo on your back?" Ellen asks, referring to the tattoo barely peeking through. Going across the back of my hip bone, on the right side, is Johnny's signature. It's one of my newer tattoos. Johnny has been kind enough to help me pay for more tattoo, so long as he gets to come with. Funnily enough, he has got a matching tattoo of almost all of them.

"Yeah, it's Johnny's signature." I purr as I spin back around to face them.

"You got Johnny's signature tattooed on you?" They all gasp together.

"Yes, and he got mine. Different spot though." They all exchange looks before Ellen speaks.

"You know I'm going to have to ask him about that when he comes on my show, right?" I laugh a little and nod.

"I know, we already talked about it. Do you like the dress or not?"

"I love it," Helena says before anyone else can speak.

"I think it looks great on you, makes your breast pop." Ellen laughs, earning an eye roll from Helena.

"I think it looks, wonderful dear," Winona says very sweetly, making my heart race in my chest.

"I think it makes you look anorexic," Betty growls, earning a shocked gasp from everyone.

"She is a little skinny, but have you seen her arms. There is no way she looks anorexic." Helena growls as the two lock eyes. I was worried this would happen, but Johnny really wanted his mother here.

"I don't understand why John would want to be with someone like her anyway. She looks like a man." I fight back tears as she speaks. She hates my short hair. That's part of the reason we haven't gotten married yet. We have been engaged for what seems like forever now. Johnny agreed to wait until next spring when my hair has grown out more. Originally we were going to wait until summer, but I wanted a spring wedding. April is my favorite month so that's when we agreed to do it. It's almost to my shoulders now, but she still doesn't like it. Honestly, though, I think part of it, is because he wants me to be twenty-one when we get married. He has made it very clear there will be alcohol at the wedding. My birthday is next month, the wedding in four months.

"Why are you so mean to her? If you don't like her so much just leave." Ellen growls at Betty.

"Maybe I will." With that Betty gets up and leaves.

"You look amazing dear, don't listen to her." Helena sighs as she turns back to me. I turn around to look in the mirror before smiling a little.

"I think this is the one guys." It's the third dress I've tried, but I love it. It makes me feel confident and beautiful. They all agree as I leave, muttering words of encouragement. I change and exit the room, dress in hand. It's in a black bag so no one can see it. To my surprise, Johnny is waiting with the group.