Chapter 23

Clara PoV
When I saw him, I was shocked and knowing that he is here to work, I could get anymore terrified.

As soon as I left Mr Johnson's office. I went to the washroom and tried to take deep breaths to calm myself.

He will make it through the interview, after all Mr Johnson has recommended him.

I can't get out of this job. I am being threatened. But, how long, before I can quit?

I should get back to work. Or else, who knows what will happen next.

So, I did and Jane was just leaving to the HR department regarding some work.

I had to stay alone outside his room. What if Bryce comes out now? What am I gonna do?

I should have taken over Jane's work and let her stay here. Why wasn't I thinking? I am an idiot.

Should I go and catchup with Jane and take her work? What if Mr Johnson calls one of us in and no one gets in? Both of us will be in trouble.

Just when I was thinking about this, he had to call me in. Shit. What does he want?

I went in and was shocked at what he asked me to do? But, can I refuse him? I can, anyone can. But, do I dare? No.

So, I had to go with it. I made my way out with Bryce and as soon as we were out and the door closed.

"I never break my promise, Clar. I told you we will meet again and to trust me on it."

"You are the last person that should be talking about promises and trusts."

"You still remember the things that happened back then. I can see you still remember me and probably love me."

"It's not everyday I meet horrible people like you. And if you don't mind, can we get to the paper work Mr Walker."

"Awe... getting professional, aren't we? Sure Miss Wilson." 

I lead him through the paper work, very uncomfortably. Hoping I am not showing that off very clearly.

Every time he looked at me, it was only getting more awkward and weird for me. He doesn't seem effected by it though.

If I cannot deal with him for a short while, how will I everyday from now.

He did try flirting and going off topic a bit, but I just ignored all of that.

If I had to deal with him from now on till I don't know when. Then professionalism is the only way I can get through this.

So, I tried acting like I don't know him before. But, he wasn't making it an easy task for me.

I didn't need this much help when I was going my paper work. He was doing all of this knowingly and I know it, but I can't go against him. I am asked to help him and I am supposed to do that.

Finally, the paper work is done. Great.

"We should get these papers to Mr Johnson." I informed him.

"Sure. But, before that. I am new here and this is the first day in this office for me. So, I should treat you. How about today?"

"Treat me?"

"Yeah.. you know as we are being formal here. This is what colleagues do, isn't it?"

"I am busy today."

"No problem. Tomorrow?"

"I am busy with work these days. I am not sure."

"We can go on the weekends."