Chapter 9

Clara POV

By the time, I complete the papers and the formalities, its already lunch time. When I reached the front of the office, there was she, Jan. "Jan, here are the papers."

"Great. I was waiting for you. He asked me to stay till you give the papers. I am so hungry."

"oh, I am sorry for being late."

"Not your mistake. i know it takes time."

"So.... what am I supposed to do now?"

"Yeah, he asked me to send you inside."

"Okay."

"From next time onwards, you should ask him yourself. I think both our works are similar and you can enter without my permission."

"Okay." I was about to open the door and she stopped me.

"Hey and just so that you will know, he is not in a good mood and there is a woman inside."

"Can i go inside?"

"I think so."

"Hey, what should I do now?"

"I am not sure in your case. Actually, when a person is inside, I won't allow another one. But I do go inside to inform certain things. And you are something like me. So..."

"Okay, I get it. You can go right?" she nodded. "Then go and ask him if I can come in."

"He is not in a good mood."

"He won't fire you, if that's what you are thinking about. You are just doing your duty."

"Ok, I will go ask him."

"Thank you." She smiled and went inside the room. It did not take her much time to return back.

"You can go inside. You always can."

"Oh ok. Thanks." I said with a smile.

"Anytime. And careful, he is not in a good mood."

"He never is."

"You know that already? But sometimes he is more than that."

"Everyone knows that. I think I should go now."

"You must. Or else he might turn into monster."

"I heard, he already is."

"Which is true. But you should also know he is more than that sometimes. You won't know until you experience it."

"No thanks. I don't want to."

"No one wants to. But believe me when I say you will."

"And I don't want that to be today." I said while walking towards the door.

"Yeah.... All The Best...." I rolled my eyes at her and opened the door and walked inside.

As I walk inside, I was invited by the so-called MONSTER BOSS. A woman who is probably at her mid 30's face was flushed with emotions like sad, fear, hopeless, anger. She is trying to stop tears but was continuing to fail. Her eyebrows are drawn close which means she is either concentrating or trying to control, according to the situation she is trying to control. And there is this mysterious man, with no expression and no emotion. All I can see in his cold eyes, anger. No can live without emotions, expressions, feelings and stuff.

"Sir, please... give me one last chance. This won't be repeated."

"I don't wanna see anything repeat."

"You won't sir. It was my mistake."

"IT. WAS. YOUR. FAULT."

"Sir. My son is in the hospital. He needed me."

"This work needed you too Mrs.Swan."

"Sir, this work should be done by next week."

"But I asked you to submit already."

"Sir-"

He interrupted her by turning toward me. "What do you want Ms.Wilson?"

"Sir. I... You called me inside."

"Yeah. You need to take her out." he pointed towards her. She was looking at me with worry clear in her eyes.

"Sir?"

"Do what I say." I nodded and walked towards her.

"Sir. Please sir." She requested. I paused expecting him to say something.

"Ms.Wilson, you may have your lunch after your work." I nodded and hold her hand. She looked at me and I walked her outside.

"Sorry for what happened. I didn't have a choice. I needed this job."

"I needed it too. I need it for the hospital charges."

"I am sure, you will get a good work."

"But, I wouldn't be paid like this."

"What happened to your son?"

"Accident. He need a 3 minor operations."

"I will see if I can help you. Can I get your number."