5.

"So, watch a movie?" I asked Isaiah as we ran to my room.

"Abso-freaking-lutely! Can we watch Up? I haven't seen it in so long!" He whined and I laughed at him, shaking my head.

"Fine." I groaned and he pumped his fist in victory.

"You love me." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said, plopping down on my bed as I flicked the tv on.

"Can we play games after?" Isaiah jutted out his bottom lip and I laughed.

"Sure, two v. Two?" I asked and his eyes went wide like a kid in a candy shop. He nodded rapidly and I laughed, shaking my head at him. He's easy to please.

"Hell yes! Something's up with you and I don't know what it is, but I like it!" He said, tackling me in a hug. I laughed, pushing him off of me.

"Okay, now shush. I'm turning the movie on." I nudged him with my shoulder and he laughed, darting away my hand lightly.

"Okay, okay, fine." He huffed.

Half way through the movie, his head was on my shoulder and he was passed out. He comes over to my house a lot cause his always so empty. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to be that alone either. But he's not alone. He's got me.

When the movie was over, I shook him awake so we could play games. His eyes lit up immediately and we grabbed the controllers, hopping on call of duty.

We played until about two and Isaiah had to go because his dad texted saying his parents would be home early in the morning. He didn't want to miss them.

I shut off the tv and all the lights and turned on my fan. I ran and jumped into bed, snuggling under my covers. I felt my eyes and get heavy as I slowly started to drift off.

I suddenly was enveloped in warmth and heat and I smiled. I felt warm and safe in my bed. I reached out and wrapped my arms around my warm blanket, falling fast asleep with it in my arms.
———
I woke up to and opened my eyes, feeling really cold. I frowned, climbing out bed and getting ready. I threw on a sweatshirt and matching sweatpants and threw my hair up in a messy bun, really not feeling it today. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quick.

I heard a honk outside and finished up. I grabbed my things and headed out the front door. Isaiah was sitting in his jeep outside. I smiled and hopped in.

"I'm so tired." He mumbled, turning the radio on low and pulling off. I yawned and stretched out, then nodded at him.

"Me too." I grumbled, getting situated in my seat and leaning against the window.

"I heard there's a new girl at school." He said and I shrugged, not really finding the information valuable. She'll be a shiny new toy in a school full of little kids.

"Hope she's not eaten alive." I said but it came out sounding more like a question. Isaiah chuckled beside me as we pulled into the school parking lot.

"I heard she's in our gym class." He said and I nodded, not really paying attention.

"Well, guess we'll see her then." I shrugged and Isaiah just shook his head at me.

"You know, it wouldn't hurt you to get out a little more. Maybe you should introduce yourself when you see her." He suggested as we headed inside. I rolled my eyes with scoff.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you. Just cause you insist on being a social butterfly, doesn't mean I have to. Besides, by the time we have gym, she'll have heard all about me anyways." I said and it was his turn to roll his eyes as we walked into Mendoza's room. I completely avoiding looking at Mendoza as we took our seats in the back.