22.

"Where've you been lately?" Isaiah asked as I sat down in class on Wednesday. I frowned, not understanding.

"I've been at school everyday. You know I was with Remington over the weekend and Maria the past couple of days." I explained and he sighed, looking down at his desk. I had spent the past couple days with Maria over at my house. She needed some support. So we did things I thought would make her feel better and forget about whoever hurt her. Though I know she probably didn't. How can you forget a mate?

"Yeah, but I feel like you've been a little MIA lately. It's like they are all you care about anymore. I haven't hung out with you in almost two weeks." He explained and I frowned. I guess I hadn't realized I'd neglected him so much. He was right.

"Im sorry, we can do something tonight. After school, okay?" I asked and he nodded, smiling finally.

"Okay, I don't have practice since the season is over now." He said and I nodded. I remembered that, since I'd missed his last game.

"Okay, I got a ride from Maria this morning. So I'll have to ride with you." I explained and he smiled again.

"That's even better." He said and I smiled back. I was starting to realize how hard it was to juggle both worlds.
---
"Okay, okay, let's go." He whined, cutting me off.

"Okay, okay, fine." I said, climbing into the passenger side of his jeep. He turned the radio on softly and I smiled. He turned on the playlist we made together a while ago.

"Three sides to the story!" I screamed and he smiled, catching on.

"Yours and mine and the gas damn truth!" He yelled back. Soon we were both grinning from ear to ear and belting out the lyrics.

"Two lies that you told me!"

"Said you love me then you hate me, I don't know what to do, girl!" He belted out, rolling the windows down.

"One thing's for sure!"

"You can back that ass up, and baby I want more!" He screamed and I laughed, shaking my head at him.

"Can you make a promise to always be honest?" I yelled and Isaiah sighed, turning the music down a bit. We were both laughing as we pulled into my driveway. He stopped the car and turned to me.

"I've missed you." He said and a smile broke out on my face.

"I've missed you too. You're my best friend." I said, reminding him. He gave a small smile and unlocked the car. We both climbed out and headed inside.

"Ohh, I know. Let's get popcorn and have a movie marathon." He suggested and I immediately nodded.

"Yes, but I'm gonna get a separate bowl." I said and he scrunched his nose up in confusion.

"Why?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I just kind of want hot sauce on mine. Figured you wouldn't like it." I explained and now his face scrunched up in disgust.

"Ew, that's gross. Are you on your period and having weird cravings or something?" He asked and immediately shook my head. Then my heart started racing. I couldn't remember how long it had been since my last period. I was fine. I was probably only a day or two late. That has happened to me before.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get that. You pick out a movie." I told him and he nodded, hurrying off to my room. I grabbed the pop corn and grabbed two bowls. I stared at them, taking a deep breath. I had nothing o worry about, right?

I shook the thoughts away and but one of the bowls back. I poured the popcorn into the one bowl and went to my room. Isaiah was waiting on the bed with a movie picked out on the tv.