Aiden - Twenty-Seven

27 – Aiden

Feburary

My sister is getting married today. My brother is getting married in the spring, and I'm eventually going to ask Blair to marry me. Nothing is really holding me back; I already have the ring I just want to make sure it is perfect for her. Since I got my cast and everything off, I've been training constantly with the team. Driving back and forth to Dallas almost every day just so I can be back home every night for Ryder and Blair. I don't want to miss a damn thing.

"You good bro?" Jordan slapped me on the back. "You look exhausted."

"Yea? What gave it away?" I leaned my head back on the chair I was sitting on and closed my eyes with a smile.

"Well, little bro, once that baby comes, it's just going to get worse. We just started sleeping through the night." I laughed.

"I know man. Training, and practice everyday plus the six hours a driving. It's just..."

"Taking it's toll? Ever think of just splurging some of that ridiculous money you have and buy a small place up there. Y'all can stay the week and come home when you don't have practice and shit." I looked over at him.

"I'm not going to do that to Ryder."

"Bro, they're your family. Leave it up to them, not you." He patted my knee. "Now, get up back up best man. You've got duties to do." I laughed and forced my sore as fuck body up and out of the chair. We walked outback and got some pictures taken with the rest of the groomsmen. Helped setting up the rest of the chairs and then got to seating everyone that showed up. A bunch of crazy Italians all showed up at once my parents being in that pack greeting them as well.

"Il mio bambino!" My Mom grabbed my face and kissed both my cheeks, before I could say anything my grandmother was right behind her kissing my cheeks as well.

"Mio nipote come stai? Diventerai papa, si?" She pinched my cheek. (My grandson, how are you? Going to be a dad yes?)

"Si, Nonna, mio figlio. La mia Bellissima ragazza e una delle damigelle d'onore, la incontrerai piu tardi." (Yes Nonna, a son. My beautiful girl is one of the bridesmaids, you'll meet her later.) "And Ma, shouldn't you be with Ansley?" My Mom gave me a look that told me to shut it.

"Oh, si, sono molto entusiasta di conoscerla. Ha un figlio si?" (Oh, yes, I'm very excited to meet her. She has a son yes?)

"Si Nonna. He's amazing." I couldn't help my smile. Ryder came running over in his little suit.

"Den! Den! Momma looks beautiful! Wait twill you see her!" I knelt down.

"Oh, bambino! You look di bell'aspetto!" My Mom said to Ryder.

"Nonna, what dat mean?"

"It mean, how you say..." She looked at me and I laughed.

"She said you look handsome." I looked back to Ryder. "You are looking dapper buddy." He smiled.

"Thanks Nonna! You wook beautiful!" Ryder smiled.

"Aiden, chi e questo bel ragazzino?" Ryder's eyes went wide as he looked at my Nonna.

"What she say?" He giggled.

"She asked who you were buddy, she's my Nonna." I laughed again picking him up so that my Nonna didn't have to bend over. "Her English isn't the best."

"Oh. I'm Wryder!" He smiled wide at my Nonna. She squeezed his cheek and bopped his nose.

"E questa l'adorabile signora di tuo figlio? Il tuo ragazzo?" (Is this the lovely lady of yours, son? Your boy?)