Chapter 9

Jax Anders

After dropping Azalea last night I felt so angry. I promised myself I wasn't going to get close to her and here I was kissing her forehead and shit. She pulled down my walls so easily and it irritated the life out of me.

I needed a distraction so I called up one of my hook ups. I got to her house and tried to get my mind of this brown eyed girl.

When I got home I felt guilty and it was pissing me off. I shouldn't feel guilty it's not like we're together. I groaned and fell asleep with all these thoughts in my head.

The next morning

I woke up completely drained. I had another
Shit nights sleep thinking of my piece of shit father. Just thinking about how he treated us makes me want to kill him.

I got in the shower and then got dressed. (Outfit above) I wore black jeans and a black T-shirt with a black leather jacket and then put on my boots. I sprayed some cologne and headed out the door.

I walked into history and slumped next to Azalea. No matter what, I couldn't get away from her.

She was writing facts in her book and she had prominent bags under her eyes. That made me feel bad. Maybe they were caused because of me.

Shutup Jax you're not supposed to care.

I sat staring at the clock on the wall when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my attention away from the clock to look at Azalea.

"eeerm S-so I k-know you d-don't want to t-talk t-to m-me b-but S-sir a-asked if I-I could t-tutor y-you today S-seems as I-I've only t-tutored you o-once" she said quietly whilst looking down at the floor.

I noticed that her stuttering was worse than usual and that pissed me off that she was nervous to speak to me.

Well you were a dick to her.

I blew out a breath before replying.

" Whatever" I said gruffly. I took a glimpse at her and saw hurt in her eyes but I decided to act like I didn't notice.

The day went on and then the bell rang for lunch. I walked over to our table and saw that Azalea was already seated eating an apple along with Ryder and Amelia.

Lord give me strength. I went and sat next to her and tried to listen to what Ryder was saying instead of thinking about the girl sat next to me.

Thankfully, not long after the bell rang. I decided to ditch last lesson because I really couldn't be bothered.

I decided to call Ian who is my manager for my racing. After a couple rings he answered. "hello" he said. " Have you got any races right now?" I ask. "yeah I've got one in 30 minutes if you want to do it" he said.

I agreed and drove to the location he sent me to. I am glad there was a race on because racing was the only thing that could take my mind off things.

I arrived 20 minutes later and drove towards the starting line. 2 hours later, I felt refreshed. I was only supposed to do one race but there was another one free and I couldn't resist.

I started to make my way home when I realised that I was supposed to pick up Azalea for tutoring.

I hit my fist on the steering wheel instantly annoyed that I had kept her waiting around for me. I sped to school and I felt even more guilty when I saw her sat on the side of the road shivering slightly.

I made sure that my heating was fully turned up before getting out and making my way over to her.

" Why did you wait, you know you are really stupid for a nerd" I said. She slowly stood up before replying quietly.

" I w-was g-going to g-go home but my p-phone ran out o-of battery s-so I c-couldn't call m-my brother" I blew out a sharp breath before taking off my jacket and putting it around her shoulders.

She blushed and started making her way to my car.

The whole drive she stared out the window with a sombre expression plastered on her face.

I was confused as to why she was so sad but I brushed it off. when we got to my house we headed to my room and she sat on my bed.

Throughout the whole of the session I saw she wasn't as cheerful as usual which made me feel sad for some stupid reason.

"Are you ok?" I asked hesitantly. she nodded with a forced smile on her face which I instantly knew was fake.

"You're not a very good liar" I said trying to get something out of her. " It's m-my moms b-birthday tomorrow and I-I don't know w-which flowers t-to get her" she said.

I scoffed "You're really upset because you don't know what type of flowers you should get your mum. For fuck sake Azalea there's people out there who are starving or are living out on the streets and you are upset about that" She nodded her head slowly as if realising how stupid she was being.

She took of my jacket off her shoulders and placed it on the bed before she started making her way downstairs.

I followed her down the stairs confused where she was going. " I-I'm sorry for b-being so a-annoying and I-Inconsiderate. I t-think I w-will get h-her Azalea's and A-asters because they w-were her f-favourite" she said quietly.

I stood confused "were?" I asked. "M-my mum d-died 5 y-years ago I-I wanted t-to get h-her some flowers f-for her G-grave tomorrow . G-goodnight Jax" she said softly.

I stood frozen on the spot as I watched her run down the silent streets. I closed my door softly and leaned my head against it.

God why am I such a fucking idiot. I seriously thought she had a perfect family but obviously I was wrong. Why am I such a twat.

I trudged my way up the stairs to my room and flopped on my bed. I took of my shirt and jeans before getting into my bed. Just before drifting to sleep I opened my phone and said something I rarely say.

To azalea:

I'm sorry.

From Jax

———————————————————-
🍿Chapter 9 complete. I hope you liked Jax's POV and this chapter 😁😁

Word count:1109