Chapter 16

Azalea Garcia

It has been exactly a week since I had successfully managed to stayed away from Jax. And let me tell you something.

It was incredibly difficult!

Everywhere I went he somehow managed to turn up which made it ten times harder to stay away.

I told Amelia and Ryder that I just wanted the week by myself at school and they understood.

But Amelia said as long as I could see her out of school she wouldn't mind which I agreed to.

In this time I had also managed to find myself a job in a nearby garage.

I knew that if I was going to get a job it should be something I enjoyed at least.

When I went for the job interview I was nervous because I was the only girl there.

However the man who owns it, Jamie, was really impressed with my knowledge of cars and gave me the job.

He was a tall man with salt and pepper hair and a grey beard who was pretty lean but had quite a bit of muscle for a 56 year old.

So now I work there every Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Saturdays. And I am pretty happy about it.

Anywhooo!

It is now Sunday night and I am lay in bed watching grown ups because I haven't watched it in agessss.

After the credits started to roll, I turned off my laptop and lay my head on my pillow hoping for a good nights rest.

*Flashback*

"AZALEA!!" My dad screams from the bottom of the stairs. My body is shaking in fear and my limbs are hurting from last nights beating.

I just want to go to sleep.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and there stood swaying is my father holding a bottle of jack Daniels in his hand.

My hands interlock together behind my back as I stand next to my dad.

A small smile tugs on my fathers face making me stare at him in confusion. My dad has smiled many times but never were they genuine.

He would smile whilst beating me, calling me names but his smiles were always filled with hatred.

But this smile was like no other, this one was truly genuine which made me confused.

"You know azalea" he slurs winding a strand of my hair around his finger, a wide smile still stretched across his skin.

" your mother loved you so much, would stick up for you no matter what. Cared for you and all that shit and do you know what you did" he said removing his finger from my hair.

"HUH DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" He screams spit flying across my face. I whimper and shake my head.

Multiple punches were sent all over my already bruised body until I was on the floor writhing in pain.

A hard slap was sent across my face. "YOU KILLED HER, you killed her. She's dead because of you. If only it was you in that car. God I wish it was you" he says whilst chuckling before stumbling out of the hall.

I slump my body against the wall, tears streaming down my face. My body aching and my head spinning from the pain.

Yet the words he said to me hurt more than any beating I have ever experienced. The genuine smile he showed me meant that he meant every single word.

*Flashback over*

I wake up abruptly sweat dripping down my forehead. I checked my clock and luckily I had only woken up 20 minutes before my alarm.