Chapter 8

When I woke up, I felt so mentally drained. I most certainly did not want to go to school today. I didn't know if Bella would allow me to not go. She was already awake so I figured I would just try.

"Bella, do you think you could let me go see Jake today, instead of going to school?"

"you can't tell him what we found out y/n"

"no I know, I just can't face everyone today you know?" 

"Well if you don't tell him, I can't stop you from going"

"Can you maybe give me a ride and drop me off there?"

"hurry" I was so relieved that I would not have to face everyone, I would, tomorrow, I was not ready, not today. I quickly threw on my light everyday makeup and put on some fuzzy socks, dark grey sweatpants, and a dark blue shirt. I grabbed my raincoat and backpack and flew out the door, Bella was already waiting in her truck. As soon as I closed the truck door she stared driving.

I really enjoyed the ride to Jacob's house. I really opened my eyes and got to look at the trees and the fog, and the little bit of rain. I was so zoned out look at everything, that it wasn't until Bella said bye and drove off that I realized, I had not called Jake, and so he was at school. I looked around and it seemed as if Billy wasn't even here. Great now what. I suddenly regretted trying to be that mysterious girl that didn't have a phone, because this was most certainly a coiner when I wish I had one. I suddenly remembers all those animal attacks I had been hearing about in the news. Thats not good.

I sat down on a nearby rock to think for a minute. The problem was, that minute became hours. I looked up at the sky to see the sun just barely peaking out of the clouds. It was peaking out in the middle of the sky, it was noon. I got up from the rock, I couldn't just sit here, I had to do something. I began walking in the way of home, but I knew I wouldn't make it all the way back. No cars drove by. I thought to myself, maybe if one did..maybe I would try to get a ride. Yeah, there was a chance I would get violently killed, but I know and go to school with and go for late night walks with vampires so isn't there always? 

Even though time went by so fast when I was sitting on the rock, now it was moving slower than ever. I continued to walk, and there continued to be no cars. Eventually after what felt like forever, I saw a sign that read 'you are now leaving the reservation'. I sighed in relief, maybe now I would see some cars. I turned onto a new road that would lead closer to forks. 

The clouds now hid the sun, and these were not the cute fluffy white clouds, these where the very dark grey clouds. The rain clouds. What to do, my backpack has everything in it, everything would be soaked. I continued to walk, contemplating my options. I didn't really seem to have any. Thats when I felt it, the rain. Normally I wouldn't mind being out in the rain. In fact, even though I am not super super girly, I have always wanted to dance in the rain with somebody I love, while wearing a big fancy dress. Today, I just wasn't feeling it. Suddenly I hear a car coming. I turned to see it, it looked like it might be heading in the direction of Forks. I had to quickly divide if I just wanted to try to whole sticking my thumb out thing, or if I wanted to go with a jumping and waving my arms like a crazy person, I picked the thumb. Apparently it was a good choice because the car slowed and stopped next to me. They rolled down their window, it was two males. After a moment I bought a wife from their car, not a good one. Not a legal one.

"hey there you need a ride" they snickered. 

"oh uhm no thanks, I though you were someone else"

"You stuck your thumb out and its pouring out here, just hop in"

"Im okay thanks" I responded and walked on trying to walk very quickly, but without running. They slowly inched along side with me though.

"c'mon chica. Get in" one of them said, they were starting to sound a little more serious. I just held up my hand for a moment and continued walked, very fast now. I sighed with so much relief. I slowed back to a normal pace now. I still planned to stick my thumb out at the next car. I hope it would come soon. It did. Only it wasn't another car, it was those guys again.

They parked a little bit ahead of me but kept their car on. I stopped for a moment in shock, but then I saw both doors open, I turned and ran. I could hear their footsteps too close behind me. If only I could run fast. Suddenly I slipped and I realized it was going to be too late now. They arrived shortly grabbed me and dragged me back towards their car. I tried to fight them, I wasn't strong enough. One of them opened the door to the backseat and the other threw me in. I knew exactly what was going to happen now.