Twenty Seven

Hearing his deep, firm voice brought my heart to a stop. I wasn't expecting to see him or anyone for that matter. I jump out of my chair gaining a head rush in the process.

"Shit."

I look around frantically suddenly unsure of what to do with his cloak in my arms. I felt like an idiot. If he sees it I know I'll be cleaning the bathrooms for a month. I did lie to him after all.

"Oi, are you going to let me in?" I hear him demand impatiently.

"J-just a second!" I had to hide this before he opens the damn door. Glancing down at my desk I immediately pull open a drawer.

Shoving the cloak roughly inside I began to hear the click of the door opening. I slam it shut just in time before Levi walks into the room.

"Got a death wish or something?" He snaps. "You made me wait for two whole minutes."

"And I still never gave you permission to enter," I retort while crossing my arms awkwardly.

"Whatever. I got tired of waiting." Levi mutters while shutting the door behind him. While his back faced me I made sure the drawer was securely closed before kicking my pack under the desk.

"Well, what is it that you want?" I question. My nerves went haywire inside me. I could feel the back of my neck coat in sweat.

I do my best to push away my nervousness and take in a assuring breath.

It's not like he knows I have his cloak still, I assured myself. When I gain no immediate response and was greeted with silence instead, I decided to look up.

I meet Levi's gaze and the sight baffled me. He stood before me clutching a pile of papers with his stature seemingly frozen. He does not move from the spot in front of the door.

It was his gaze that startled me even more. Wide as they were I took notice to his dilated pupils. I tried to read whatever was fogging his gaze.

It was difficult as I became unsure as to what he's thinking. That bothered me but what was more bothersome was his eyes were on me. I watch the way he swallows thickly while roving his eyes up and down my body.

Something flips in my stomach and could've swore my heart leaped out of my chest. Like a deer in a predator's sight I was still as ever. A nervous sensation blossoms in my veins.

I felt helpless under his strong gaze. I try to swallow down the huge lump in my throat as I find it difficult to tear my eyes away from him.

"What's with the stupid look?" I demand. However my voice didn't come as authoritative as I wished it to be. It was timid like I was a shy schoolgirl.

That seemed to bring Levi out of his daze. He blinks twice destroying whatever that was fogging his eyes. A scowl makes it to his face as he stomps towards my desk.

"The only one looking stupid here is you," he seethes. His papers were none of my concern as he drops them on my desk.

I found it all the more intriguing eyeing what was in front of me. It was like Levi avoided eye contact at all cost. His eyes were focused to his right like the wall was interesting as ever.

"Why the hell are you wearing a dress?" His voice sounded tight, throaty even. It was like speaking was suddenly a difficult task for him.

I take notice to how his hand begins to rub the back of his nape aimlessly. Something was coating his cheeks and struck me curious at the sight. I squinted in hopes of seeing it better but did little to no help.