♛Sixty Five

The place was a mess. The coffee table flipped onto its side like someone tripped over it. A dining chair laid on the floor.

Nothing was how I remembered it to be. But it didn't matter. As I stand in the entrance of Emma's apartment nothing drilled into my mind except the fact she was gone.

Gone before I knew it. I knew the moment I walked back into my office something was off. There wasn't a trace of her in my chambers or in the office.

I spent all night looking for her, demanding everyone I know about her presence. No one knew. Just as dawn broke Nile had stormed into Erwin's office as I was demanding him to send soldiers out to look for her, said there was a break-in.

I never realized he meant her apartment.

"Sir, there's a lot of evidence when need to take notes on. . ." An MP appeared beside me in the doorway. He clutched a notebook in hand while wearing that wary expression. Somehow that uncorked the bottled up anger inside me.

"Yeah, no shit," I spat. "Go to fucking work." I send him a glare that had him almost flinch out of his skin. I expected him to move quickly like most Scouts would when I snap.

But he doesn't. Him and a few other MPs stand behind him awkwardly as if they're lost children. It pissed me off even more when they didn't scurry into Emma's apartment. I clench my jaw tighter with burning rage filling my veins.

"What the hell are you guys waiting for? Me to shit my pants?! Get in there and do your damn job!!"

I shove the first MP inside allowing the rest to scurry after him like a bunch of puppies. In no time they do what they're supposed to do. From the doorway I watched as some took notes while others sketched the scene.

My glare was haughty and deadly, everything about this place made me want to kick anything in my radius. I began to the scan the apartment, taking in every sight of a squabble and blood staining both the floor and walls. Judging by the scatter blood splatter on the right wall someone had a knife and either got slashed with it or vice versa.

The spotty splatters on the floor said a different story. Someone was punched in the face—multiple times. Images of Emma being shoved against a wall or being stabbed sent me into a boiling rage.

My fists shook while I was so sure my teeth would crack from all the gritting I did. It took every ounce of my power to rip my gaze away from the blood spatters. I slowly scan my eyes for anything that may hint as to why she came here.

However, when I look around the place all I could think was her leaving. Her being kidnapped by Edward. The strange aching pain in my chest that somehow made breathing a struggle.

I swallow thickly, I can't do this. Not here, not in front of these people. Losing my head and giving into my emotions won't get me anywhere.

I needed to keep a cool head even though I felt like I was drowning. Something catches my eye. I notice some sort of green cloak littering the floor beside the couch.

I walk towards it realizing the cloak was ripped. Standing before it I inspect the ugly rip down the middle. The Wings of Freedom emblem was reared down right in the middle.

It was enough for my throat to clamp up. Emma's cloak, she came back for it last night. I pick up a piece with trembling fingers.

There was no blood on it which should've calmed me but, I was only devoured by my endless anger. She came back for this? Was she thinking straight?

Did she decide the danger placed on her meant little compared to this filthy piece of cloth?! Terrible curses and names plagued my mind. Unintentionally I cursed her for her stupidity and lack of placing her safety before anything else.