Chapter Fourteen

I have been staying with my mom the past four days. Jaden and I have been texting nonstop and FaceTiming while I have been here. It's currently December 31st. It was around 3pm. I was still kinda upset that I wasn't getting my New Years kiss with Jaden but I had to see my mom.

Ella: "Why do you look so upset sweetie?"

Davina: "No reason." I said with a small smile

Ella: "Oh you know you can't lie to me. What's wrong?"

I let out a sigh.

Davina: "It's just I'm kinda upset I'm not getting my New Years kiss with Jaden."

Ella: "I didn't even think of that. Davina please don't tell me you stayed here to see me when you could be kissing your boy."

Davina: "Mom I had to."

Ella: "No you don't because I promise when you get back I'll be the same."

A smile came across my face. 

Davina: "Well it's no use now. I would have to leave right now if I wanted to get back in time." I said with a small frown.

Ella: "Then why don't you?"

Davina: "I don't know."

Ella: "Davina do it! Now!"

I got my computer to see when the next flight was.

"5pm Chattanooga, Tennessee to Los Angeles, California"

Bingo! If I got that flight I would be there right at 11:37. Just in time for New Years without a second to spare. I quickly purchased the ticket before running upstairs and packing all my things into my suitcases. I run back downstairs grabbing the last of my things. I quickly run outside and put my bags in the trunk of
my moms car where she already was.

A few minutes later we arrived at airport. I told her goodbye and that I would visit.

Now here I was on the plane. Can't believe I'm actually doing this.

It's around 11:39pm when I get all my bags in to the back of the Uber. It's about an 18 minute ride to sway from here. I have no time to spare.

It's 11:58pm when I walk into Sway. Of course they were having a big ass party. The place was crawling with influencers but where was the only one I was looking for. Where the hell is he? I ran upstairs. I look at my phone. Shit. It's 11:59pm. One minute left. At least they haven't started the countdown yet. I spoke too soon. As soon as I walked into Jaden's room I heard the distant yelling of the countdown.

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

THERE HE IS! He was standing on the balcony outside of his bedroom. He was leaning against the railing facing away from me.

"4!"

"3!"

I quickly ran over to him.

"2!"

I grabbed his arm and spun him around.

"1!"

As soon as they said that I pulled him into a deep, passionate kiss.

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!!" I heard several people yell downstairs.

A few moments later I pulled away. We both had huge smiles on our face.