Chapter 5: Unpredictable

Dylan

I heard my phone ringing, it was just placed beside the couch that I'm sleeping on. I checked to see whoever it was and it was from my sweet mother. Why is she calling me early in the morning? Doesn't she know that I don't liked being called early in the morning especially on weekends?

I slide to unlock, "Hello?" I hissed.

My eyes were still closed and I felt like sleeping more. I want to go to sleep please. It's Saturday for god's sake.

"It's weekend, aren't you going home? You're not even college yet and you kept on distancing away from us." She had her voice calm compared to our conversation last time.

"I'll come home, later. I'll text you when I'm on my way."  I ended the phone call and didn't waited for her reply.

Not that I'm irritated of what she's doing, I'm just sleepy. I can't afford to hear her sermons especially when I don't want my morning to be ruined in just one phone call.

I heard small footsteps on my apartment and I knew it was Kate. I opened my eyes and got up, even if I was still too sleepy. What time is it anyway?

She was putting on her shoes and tied the laces. She was very quiet and gentle, as if she doesn't want to be seen and to be noticed that she'll be leaving.

I smirk and called out her attention. "Going somewhere?"

She was startled and faced me. She stands up from the floor and try to look her best. Her hair was all a mess and her clothing was all crumpled up.

"I have to go." She points out the door and came to face at her back.

She doesn't even remember that her bag was on the table, she also forget to thank me.

"You forgetting something?" I said.

She faced me once again, "Thank you for letting me stay and I promise you this is the last time we'll meet again."

What a rude way to say your gratitude to a person. What was her problem? Why does she treat me as someone who she can't be friends with?

"What? Why do you keep on distancing away from me?" She just made my head ache and my blood boil in the same time.

That's the thank you that I'm getting? It's not even a thank you.

She turned her back and didn't replied to what I said to her.

"Good bye." She twisted the door knob and open the door. She exited from my apartment without looking at me. She's unpredictable.

What happened last night? Doesn't she had the great time? Because I was happy hanging out with her. It was comfortable and I felt like slowly we'll be good friends. Am I the only one who had fun last night? Girls like her is unpredictable.

I give up. I can't understand the likes of her anymore.

She even forgot to bring her bag, she's focused on going home that she forgot to get her bag. Who would forget her bag? I'm sorry Kate but I think we'll meet again.

I took her bag from the table and explored the things inside it. I'm not a thief and I don't intend to get something from her bag. I just want to see or at least to find a hint of what Kate is really is.

There's notebooks, books, pens, her earphones and a sketch pad. I checked her notebooks if there is at least writings about her or something. You know, a diary? I heard there are some girls who write their feelings in a notebook.

I was expecting too much, there's only a number written at the back of her notebook. Besides that, nothing else. She doesn't like to write down her feelings on a notebook and is this her number?