Chapter 16: Trouble

Kate

Everything ended with just one knock on my bed room door. I wasn't expecting that to happen. Actually, everything that is happening right now is what I wasn't really expecting to happen. I should really let Dylan go home because everything is about to get messier than I expected them to be.

My mom kept knocking on my door and I can't help but to panic. Dylan was standing in front of me, he was calm and not a hint of nervousness was evident on his face. While I, on the other hand was shaking and panicking at the same time. I don't know if looking at Dylan will help ease the tension because looking at him makes me more uncomfortable.

"Closet. Go hide in my closet." I said in a low tone of voice, just enough for him to hear it. "Just a sec mom, I just got out of the bathroom." I added.

"Now." My eyes are settled at Dylan. I pushed him on my closet and close it as soon as he went in. I hurriedly open the door and my mother have her arms crossed against her chest.

"Yes mom? What can I do for you? I'm kind of busy." I can feel my hands shaking and in the same time, it was sweating. I'm getting nervous of what my mother is about to say. Why is she knocking on my door anyway? She doesn't usually knock on my door unless there is something urgent.

"I heated the food. You should go and eat, it's almost seven o' clock. I'm not yet hungry so you should go ahead. I'll be on my room." She said.

What I need right now is to get some fresh air. I thought she heard us but it turns out, she was here because of the food that she brought home. She should just ignore me like she usually does, it's not like I'm not used to it.

She was about to take a step towards her room until she turn her head to look at me again, "By the way Kate." She have this doubtful look written all over her face.

"You should at least fix your hair even if you're only at the house and what's that red mark on your neck?" She pointed the so called mark with the use of her index finger.

"I'm sorry. I should comb my hair and I think that was an insect bite and I kept on scratching it until now." I said, covering the red mark on my neck. I think that was because of Dylan's doing.

"Okay. I'll be on my room." She finally said and went inside her room. That was close, I can still feel my hands trembling because up until now, I'm nervous about the conversation that I had with my mother. I should ask Dylan to go home now, but how? I'm afraid of the fact that, what if my mother will see him or even hear him?

I lock my bed room door after I close it and went in front of my closet to open it and to find Dylan who was already sweating like hell.

"I don't want to go back in that closet ever again." He stated, wiping the sweat that he have on his face and neck.

"I don't want that either. You should go home already, it's late." I can't look at him in the eyes. I was thinking of the better plan to let him go home without being seen by my mother.

I sat down at my medium sized bed and he sat down beside me. "Yeah. I should go now. But, how?" He asks me.

I can't think of any plan. If he'll take the route down using the stairs, I'm afraid of the fact that he'll be seen by my mother. I stood up from where I was sitting and walk around my room. Walking around my room usually helps me when I'm thinking.

-

Dylan

"Kate." I called Kate's attention. She was walking around her room, thinking of a plan of how I could get home without being seen. What we did earlier was something I wasn't expecting because first of all, I went here just to check if she was okay and it turns out, I met his father plus we're making out in her room.