Part 1- Bullies

Adalina's POV.

7 am the alarm goes on.

Not again !! Please stop this my dear Allah!!

Ugh!!!

I eventually end up waking up and I get out of bed. Who even is happy when they leave their precious bed? Not me for sure.

I get ready quickly. I decided to put a pair of grey sweatpants and a black hoodie topping it off with my black hijab. I feel like I'm looking super cool until I turn towards my mirror and see myself. Ew.

No way ammi jaan was right! It looks like I got even more fat !! I hate my life !!

What can make me feel better while I feel like shit? Of course, breakfast!

I ran downstairs and opened the cupboard looking for my favourite thing to eat in the morning. I found my Nutella jar and grabbed it. I took a piece of bread and opened the jar before spreading the chocolate on it.

Ammi jaan cane my way and tapped  my back hard.

"Aaaaiiii!" I screamed in pain.

"Moti!! How many time do I have to tell you to eat something else in the morning instead of this! I wake up everyday and make you food and this is what you decide to eat?!" she yells at me just like every other morning.

I sighed and then took a bite of my bread while staring at her just to tease her. She looks at me with her devil eyes and then I ran away before she catches me and make good biryani with my fat.

"Adalina !!" she yells my name.

"I'm running late for school!!" I yelled back.

I made it to the front door of our house and put on my shoes when ammi jaan came to me with a lunch box.

"Bring this with you" she said.

"Is it overfilled? I don't like my classmates giving me glares" I told her.

"Just take it and it must be empty when you bring it back or else you will regret it your whole life" she's threatening me again.

I grabbed the lunch box from her and rolled my eyes.

"Fine" I mumbled.

I got out of the house and catch the last bus to school.

As soon as I arrived at school, I already wanted to run away. I put my hoodie cap on and tried to be as avoidable as possible.

There are so many reasons as to why I hate school that I don't even know where to start.

The fake friends, the annoying teachers, the bullies, the "cool" kids, the skaters, the hijabi girls, the latino kids, the Arab guys, the rejects, the annoying couples which most of them end up breaking up within a week. And there's way more.

Here, you find your niche and you stay there. There's no possible way of becoming friends with someone else that isn't the same as you.

Now, you're probably guessing that I'm a part of the hijabi gang or the Muslim squad right?

Wrong. The hijabis don't want me and the Muslim kids don't want me either.

I mean I tried to include myself in the beginning but I can't pretend to be someone else because of them. I want to be accepted as who I am. But they don't get that yet.

The two first years of High school, I spent it all alone. I had no real friends, I would eat alone during lunch breaks and I would hide in the library just in case the bullies pick on me.