Part 37- BitterSweet

Adalina's POV.

I was finishing getting ready to go to work. I was putting my hijab on when Aslan suddenly came in back to our room.

"I have something to tell you" he said as I turned to him giving him my attention.

"Because of what happened yesterday...I have no choice but to secure things a bit more..." he started by saying.

"Okay..."

"You will have bodyguards to follow you everywhere" he added.

"What?" This can't be real.

"you'll have to put up with them for some time" he added.

"But why?" I asked curious.

He got close to me placing his hands on my shoulders.

"I will do anything that I can to protect you and give you the freedom you well deserve at the same time...if I force you to stay home you'll get bored and eventually complain and that's really not where I'm trying to get...this is the best plan I came up with" he explained.

"Since you don't have a choice and I understand the situation...it's okay" I agreed.

"Thank you for believing in me" he thanked me.

"Thank you for protecting me" I said hugging him as he hugged me back.

Once I was done getting ready, Aslan and I made our way out. As soon as I opened the door, two tall and huge men were standing right in front of my eyes.

I was well aware however I couldn't help but feel intimidated by them.

"Don't worry, they are here to protect you nothing more" Aslan whispered in my ear from behind.

Feeling better, I stepped with Aslan outside while the bodyguards silently following from behind.

We made it out and made our way to the car. We all stopped near Aslan's car.

"They have their own car, they'll be driving by themselves to the company...I'll be able to drop you off in the mornings, some times after work depending on rather I finish at the same time as you" Aslan explained as I nodded.

"See you guys at the company" he told the men as they got into another car and drove away.

"This is awkward" I finally commented.

"it's for a while" Aslan said opening the door for me to get in.

I got in as he got in right after on our way to work.

***

The days were passing by and I was now comfortable enough with bodyguards around me. Well, I would most likely say that I kind of got used to it.

They wouldn't bother me at all, they would just be around me or standing near me as security guards.

It felt odd at first because people at work would glare a lot however they didn't care much. Everyone is busy with their own lives and work, no one really has time to stop, stare and do something about it.

I was already done with my work and I was just starving for some food at the moment. I packed up my stuff and made my way out of the office, the men following me, as always.

"I'm going to the bathroom first and then bring me back home please" I told them as they nodded before entering the ladies room.

The second both my foot were inside and the door closed behind me. I heard an immediate sound as if I had been locked in. I turned around and tried to open the door but it was in vain. I knocked on it calling for help but I wasn't answered.