Part 6- By My Side

Adalina's POV.

Tell me why do we have to join the others and go on the trip without any exception?!

I hate it! I don't want to go hiking or whatever else kind of activity they think is good for us.

It's only fun if I'm teamed up with Ayla or else it's dead ass boring.

"Hey guys!! We called you all here because your teachers and I have randomly picked up the teams which is the whole point of this activity!" Our education teacher was explaining us.

We were in the gym with all the others from the same grade as well. I was standing with Ayla listening to what the teacher was saying.

"We want you guys to work together and get out of your comfort zones! So the teams are pinned on the board behind you guys! Make sure to be ready at 6am tomorrow before the bus leaves!" he said before dismissing us.

Everyone ran to the board behind to see their teams. Ayla and I were patiently waiting for the crowd to be less for us to have a look.

"I hope we're together!" Ayla exclaimed.

"I hope so!" I said.

"Inshallah!" she said.

People were starting to get out of gym slowly. Ayla and I made our way towards the board and I felt like my heart stopped for a minute.

How...DID I END UP WITH HIM?!!!!

OUT OF EVERYONE HIM?!

YA ALLAH!!

Ayla saw my alerted face and asked me if I was okay.

"No I'm not! Look!!" I showed her.

"No way!! I can't believe this!!" she freaked out as well.

My mood got ruined very soon. It's going to be hell. He's definitely going to bother me, I can feel it.

Ayla tapped my back.

"It's okay bestie..you got this!" she tried to cheer me up.

I hope everything will be okay.

***

The next day, everyone from the last grade was waiting outside of the school for the bus with their backpacks.

I kept my clothing simple and comfortable. I was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a black hoodie as well to match. I had a white hijab on and my white nikeys.

Ayla was wearing black leggings and a white hoodie. She doesn't wear the hijab yet but she used to tell me that she loves it and that one day when she feels comfortable enough she will definitely wear it.

I was honestly really tired. I'm not a morning person at all and at the moment I could sleep literally anywhere. Thank god the ride is going to take two hours, I'll take advantage of that and take a nap.

Soon, the teachers joining us on the trip arrived as the bus also came at the same time. Everyone was getting in. It was finally the turn for Ayla and I to get in.

I got in first and took my spot. Just as she was about to take her place beside me, he appeared.

Aslan.

"Find another place, I'm sitting here" he said to Ayla.

"What? But-"

"I'm not moving from here" he said sitting beside me.

Oh my god!!! So early in the morning!!

Ayla looked mad before she walked in the back and sat beside someone else who turned out to be Miran.