Chapter 5: Assistance

"Ben, Ben, Ben," Murray said shockingly. "This is the end of the line for you. You thought you outsmarted the amazing Murray Hill, but heck no, this is one part you didn't see ahead of you."

"You thought you were so smart, you thought you could outsmart me, but you can't, admit it," Murray said tauntingly.

"Oh my god, Erica, are we going to die?" Trixie exclaimed, looking paler than a dead fish.

"We're going to be okay," Erica said calmly, although there was highly any chance that anyone was going to save us here.

"And now that we kill you, I'll probably get a promotion on Croder!" Murray exclaimed.

"What's that?" I asked. "Is that the word Spyder and Croatan combined together?" Murray looked annoyed like he always did when I figured out something that he knew before me.

"Yes, it is; ever since SPYDER betrayed me, I left to join Croatan, but then SPYDER offered Croatan an idea. To join their forces together. Of course, I said no, but stupid people are stupid people. The leader of Croatan agreed. And so we joined forces, and we became Croder, the name itself isn't bad, actually," Murray said.

"That's the dumbest name I've ever heard," Erica snapped icey as usual.

"Well, it's not going to be so dumb when you're dead..." Murray rambled on, although I wasn't really paying attention to any of it because a helicopter was starting to fly down from the sky.

I was really shocked to see that anyone could find us in the desert. I was sure it was Croatan, er, Croader agents; there was no way anyone could find us in the desert unless someone contacted them. The helicopter started to fly more and more down, and the choppers were getting louder and louder, although Murray was still rambling on and on about Croader.

After a while, Agent Durkee got annoyed with Murray rambling.

"Murray, just shut up and shoot them before Ben thinks of another plan to escape," Agent Durkee said.

"Right. Erica, since you think that the name Croder is so dumb, you'll be first to die," Murray said and then nodded towards Agent Durkee. I wasn't surprised. Murray probably couldn't shoot a gun if it were a centimeter away. Just like me, Murray's strength was brains.

Agent Durkee carefully aimed the gun at her and was just about to shoot when the helicopter trampled over them.

"Um, did I just kill Erica?" Alexander's voice exclaimed and then opened the door. Alexander was Erica's incompetent dad. He couldn't shoot a gun, like me, but the difference between him and me was that I was helpful in a mission while all he did was cause chaos.

"Or was that Ben? Oh no, what if I killed Trixie!" Alexander exclaimed, rushing over. Catherine's voice spoke behind him.

"You didn't kill any of them. I think you trampled over Murray and Agent Durkee."

"Oh, thank goodness," Alexander spoke.

Catherine was Erica's and mom and she was the complete opposite of Alexander. It was a surprise that they even ended up together in the first place. It was a squirrel next to a dead rat. Catherine could beat up five armed men blindfolded with a broken leg. She was just as good as Erica, if not better.

"Step away from my daughter," Catherine said harshly to Murray and Agent Durkee. "Unless you want your heads made into fossils, move and stay away." Catherine threatened, and Murray groaned from under the helicopter.

"I'll take that gun for trying to kill my daughter," Alexander said, picking up the guns and gave a proud smile to Erica... and then tripped over one of Murray's legs sticking out of the helicopter. Erica rolled her eyes.

"Mom!" Trixie yelled, running over to Catherine while Erica walked over.

"How are you, honey?" Catherine asked Erica and Trixie for a hug.

"Thank you for rescuing us," Mike said gratefully.

"You're welcome, Michel. Charming as usual," Catherine observed at Mike.

"Mom!" Erica complained. "Please don't tell me you only came here to flirt with my friends."

"Of course not! I also brought velvet cookies, freshly baked!" Catherine exclaimed, pulling out a tray of cookies. "I assumed you guys were starving, given that you didn't eat for hours!"

"It's hardly been a few minutes," Erica muttered.

"It was 4 hours and 17 minutes," I said, grabbing a cookie from the tray. "By the way, these cookies are delicious, just as good as Trixie's sea salt cookies, and those are delicious."

"Why, thank you, I like to add a hint of peppermint in it!" Catherine said. Trixie gave a wink, and Erica looked the tiniest bit jealous.

"Mom, do you have anything else besides the cookies?" Erica asked.

"Oh, of course, sweetie, I have a bowl of salad just for you, although I suggest you have a cookie, you need some actual food," Catherine said.

"What do you mean? This is food?" Erica asked, eating a piece of spinach.

"Never mind, honey," Catherine said and then passed us all two McDonald's hamburgers and some water.

"I figured you guys were hungry, and I hope McDonald's hamburgers will do. I didn't have much time to buy food after Erica sent the emergency signal on her watch," Catherine said.

"Anyway enjoy, Alexander, grab the handcuffs I brought and cuff them all up," Catherine said.

"On it," Alexander said and then raced off into the helicopter.

"Now, can someone explain what's going on, please?" Catherine.

"Well, Croatan was going to plot something in Egypt. So we hopped on Operation Flashpoint," I explained.

"That's a decent name for once," Catherine said, munching on a granola bar.

"They recycled the name," I told her. "Anyways, when we hopped on the plane, we soon found out that I ate a bomb somehow. They must have slipped it in my food on the place. And we were right. Murray was dressed as a flight attendant on the plane. Agent Durkee took control of the plane and attempted to kill us with the bomb. Fortunately, we threw the bomb out of the window and drove far away, so we didn't get killed. And so it crashed in Egypt," I said.

"So who was the pilot of the plane?" Catherine asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You didn't just drive here yourself, so you had someone to fly you here, right?" Catherine asked. We all paled.

"C-Cyrus flew us here," I said. We had all just noticed that we were missing an extra person.

"Don't tell me that you just noticed he was missing," Catherine said with a sigh.

"We just noticed," Mike said.

"Figures," Catherine grumbled. "Well, it looks like we'll be staying here a bit longer."

"We're searching for Cyrus."