Chapter 19: The Chase

Hello night owls 🦉, hoot hoot, I am...er, night piggies, (is that a thing?) here is another chapter! 

Murray looked at us with shocked eyes, and for a split second, we all just stood there, shocked. And then we just ran forward to grab Murray. We all figured that if we ran, then Murray would eventually get us because, well, a cruise ship was only so big, but if we captured Murray, then we could probably still have a chance of nobody noticing Murray was gone. There were a lot of Croder agents on board, with only a few of us.

We raced through the buffet and into the pool area, which was surprisingly right next to the buffet. The pool area had a giant movie screen playing with a lot of people watching Aladdin and relaxing in the hot tub, so even though it was outdoor and was nighttime, we still could see. We ran through the night, and many people were annoyed and splashed water on him and threw their popcorn at us.

Suddenly, something buzzed in my hand. My walkie-talkie.

"Ben, we located Murray; he's running fast with a food bit stuck on his head," Mike said through the walkie-talkie.

"I know," I said, interrupting him while trying not to slip on the water while running.

"Wait, you know?" Mike asked, surprised. "How did you know?"

"Because we're the people that are chasing him!" I exclaimed. "And do you mind if we talk later? I'm sorta busy at the moment."

"Okay, sure, meet me at room B17 with Murray," Mike said apologetically and then hung up. I shoved the walkie-talkie back in my pocket and concentrated on running.

Fortunately for us, Murray wasn't a speedy runner. He initially was fit on one mission due to how the CIA wasn't feeding him till he talked, so he decided to take advantage of the situation, and he came fit. Not really do with bulging muscles, but it is healthy enough to make Erica surprised. But then, soon, he came unhealthy again and lost all his muscles.

So pretty soon, he started gasping and collapsed straight into a hot tub where a couple was drinking beer together. They both yelped in surprise when Murray toppled into the pool and looked at him with surprise.

"What are you doing running near the pool at night? Where are your parents! They ought to teach you a lesson!" The man barked, upset that half of his beer had slipped into the hot tug.

Murray managed to mutter out a sorry and quickly climb out but was caught by Murray here.

"Sorry about my grandson; he's naughty sometimes," Cyrus said, looking apologetically at him.

"He's not my grandpa!" Murray screamed, desperately trying to get away to escape. I decided to play along.

"Dude, grandpa already caught you for running near the pool, I told you so many times not to do this, but you don't listen; just stop it," I said in an annoyed brother tone.

"I don't know this kid! He's not my brother! Arrest him! Do you know who I am?" Murray demanded. "I'm Murray Hill...er, I mean, uh, the caption of this ship's son!"

"Sure you are, and I'm the world's top spy," the guy said sarcastically, not realizing that he was talking to a group of junior spies. "Now scram before I call security!"

Cyrus grabbed him by the arm and practically dragged him out of the pool area.

"You're not going to kill me, right?" Murray asked fearfully.

"As long as you talk. I'll even order room service if you do," Cyrus said, tossing him in the elevator. He took out a gun and pointed at Murray.

"Try anything funny, and you're dead," Cyrus said.

"Torture isn't allowed!" I pointed out.

"Oh, please. Didn't Erica tell you that American laws don't apply in Egypt?" Cyrus asked me. The elevator stopped on floor B, and we all huddled out.

"You know, strangling Murray with a gun might not be the best idea when there is room service everywhere," Zoe said, pointing to a maid that was sweeping the floor. Cyrus released his grip on Murray slightly but didn't drop the gun.

"Walk!" Cyrus demanded to Murray, forcing him to walk forward like a soldier. After walking for a few minutes, we arrived at our room. Erica had rented out a massive suite for us, probably picking another wealthy passenger on the plane.

Zoe barely knocked once on the door before Erica grabbed her in and opened the door for us. She immediately slammed the door half a second after I walked in, letting part of my T-Shirt get jammed in the doorway.

Erica was so annoyed with me; she just ripped the piece off of my shirt.

"Where's Murray?" Erica demanded.

"He's over here," Cyrus said, pulling Murray off of the gumball machine at the minibar.

"I didn't invite you here to clean out the minibar; she better talk, or you're dead," Erica demanded. Murray turned pale and started to take but not after taking a pink gumball from the machine.

"Well, you see, Croder wanted the gold," Murray said.

"We know that," Catherine said. "Where is the gold?"

"I don't know, ask Joshua; he knows," Murray said.

"You better talk; I know you know it. If you talk, then we'll allow you to eat everything in the minibar, from the delicious chocolate cake with chocolate drizzle to the burgers with cheese dripping out of it and to the sweet apple cider," Erica said. "But if you don't talk, you'll face this."

Erica pulled out a gun and pointed it at his head. Murray immediately started talking.

"It's in the vault in the basement of the ship," Murray said.

"Where in the basement?" Erica demanded.

"Uh well, I'm not sure," Murray said finally. I could tell that he wasn't lying his time, and Erica probably thought so too, so she stopped pounding on this subject.

"Fine, I'll believe you. But if I find out you're lying...then I'll see you in the hospital with a bullet sticking out of your head," Erica warned, and Murray gulped.

"Now, what's Croder's other plan?" I asked, and everyone turned their heads at me, confused.

"Wait, Croder has another evil plot?" Mike asked me, popping a chocolate-covered pretzel in his mouth.

"I realized that they did when we were at the pool," I explained.

"Yes, when I saw the part of the movie Aladdin where we were locked in the gold tomb, something hit me, that the gold could also be turned into bombs," I said.

"What?" Erica and Catherine asked at the same time.

"Think about it; bombs are costly. If Croder wants to set it up all in Africa, then it would cost a lot of money to Bomb a huge continent," I said.

"They each cost at least twenty thousand dollars ignoring the tax," I said.

"So what are you saying," Erica asked.

"I'm saying that Croder is going to bomb Africa," I said.