Chapter Two

🥀
Knox

I am obsessed, obsessed with a mixed beauty that has clouded my mind for the past two weeks now. I have been watching her like an obsessed freak and everything about her fascinates me more.. draws me in.

My mum and sisters are becoming suspicious as to why I am always out when I never used to go out except for work before. However, Anika which i learnt was my beauty's name is what every beat of my time. I knew it was unhealthy to obsess over someone this way but I couldn't hold myself. It was like she bewitched me.

I hired a female detective to watch her when I couldn't follow her around. I couldn't hire a male so I don't have course kill anyone for ogling her. I just needed the best time to approach her and have her accept me. All these days watching her, she had this sad look in her eyes. I never saw her smile except with her uncle.

The first day I followed her and saw a man stay overnight with her, I felt this overwhelming possessiveness and jealousy it surprised me and fueled me to want to know more about her and that was when I decided to hire the detective.. to know more about her and to find out who the fuck the man was.

Turned out he was just her uncle and she had just moved in with him. That news brought me joy and relief. The fact that she wasn't married or in any relationship intensified the joy.

I wanted her and I would have her. I have always been a selfish person and always got what I want.... Not exactly a good trait but it was the reason my business was so successful. She was mine, even before she knew it... She belonged to me. I have never felt anything like this before... And it amazed me that this little woman had snapped something in me and I was willing to go through any length to have her and to make her mine.

When I was informed she was job hunting,I almost manipulated it so that she would work in a branch of my company but I didn't want to be one of those controlling men. I just found out I could be obsessive, I couldn't add controlling on that level to it. However, it seemed like the heavens was working in my favour because I later found out that she had applied in Johnson's company.

Buker Johnson has been my close Friend since childhood.. our parents were friends and we took to be friends too. up my phone I dialled his number.."well look who decided to call" he said as he answered the call...."oh shut it, sometimes you act like an old  wife"I said with a smirk and I could imagine his face with a deep frown. "okay, get to the point loser" he said in a grumble. Letting out a chuckle "okay, I need a favour"I said seriously. "hmmm... I'm listening" he said, his voice is getting a bit curious.

"I need you to hire someone who applied for a job in your company" I said. There was a long pause before he replied "Knox, are you okay? " He asked. Narrowing my eyebrows a bit confused as to why he had asked such in such a concerned voice. "Of course I am, why do you ask ? ".

"Knox,you never asked for favours and from my instinct, this person is a woman right" he asked. Sighing, "look,yes it's a woman and no I'm not answering any other questions from you. All you need to know is that if you make a move on her..... You are dead" I said, my voice taking a deep tone. After another long pause "okay, I will do it; just know you owe me one. Now get off my phone" he yelled and soon after the line went dead. "Fucker" I mumbled as a grin slowly lit up my face.

🍁🍁🍁

🥀
Anika

All dressed up, I stood nervously in front of my new workplace. It was a huge building with Johnson Co. written boldly at the midsection of the building. I was surprised when they called to tell me I was hired...I didn't expect to get a job so quickly with the whole bad luck thing going on for me. It was as if everything was going according to plan... Funny how that good news scares me. What if the universe was setting me up to be disappointed again.