31

Alive

"Sorry I'm late, I had to see Erwin first." I said in a calm tone as I sat down beside Levi who's still in a state of shock like the others.

"R-Raven?!" Jean calls in disbelief. Next thing I knew I was being crushed by their hugs, I struggled to breathe and my injuries didn't made it any easier.

"We missed you!" Sasha says while tears started to form in her eyes.

"I thought you were dead. You scared me." Mikasa says with her silent tone but there was a hint of sadness.

"Sorry," I apologised as they broke the hug to let me breathe.

"How are you alive? Nate told us what happened." Jean asked in a confusion but I know for a fact he was glad. I told them everything, from the abduction, to torture, the escape, robbing the store, storming the capital, all of it.

"So, how did you find us?" Connie asked.

"I tracked you down. It's not that hard --Ooh a cracker." I said and snatched the food from their table. They just watched me in surprise, a week of being dead and now I'm here with them like nothing happened.

I never realized crackers were these good, I continued to eat them as Levi hands me his. I frowned, touched that he decided to give me his food.

"Thank you." I think I might cry because of the taste. God, I sound like Sasha. Is this the effect of me not eating for four days?

"So let me get this straight, you managed to steal tequila, but not food?" Levi scolded. I come back from the grave and this is the first thing he'll say to me?

"I needed something to distract me from performing my own surgery." I answered plainly.

"I still can't believe it-- Wait, do you need us to check your wounds?" Connie asked. I just continued to munch on my food.

"I'm fine." I said with my mouth full.

"Geez slow down." Levi said with his usual tone.

"I haven't eaten anything in days, give me a break." I defended. I noticed, Armin was a bit silent than usual. He had this familiar look on his face, one I used to have.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked and pointed at Armin as I opened another cracker and ate fastly, I'm so hungry damn it.

"He, kind of shot a person earlier." Jean utters hesitantly.

Oh, that's why.

"So, you've met with Kenny's squad huh," I uttered in realization.

Armin starts to compose himself. "I-It doesn't matter, Jean. Raven, I'm so glad you're alive." He smiles warmly.

"Thanks. I am too." I said, but before I opened another cracker, I spoke again.

"You're gonna get through it Armin." I stated, and took a bite. He gazes at me, with sadness and hope in his eyes.

"It will just take you weeks, maybe months but you'll get through it." I said, he finally let out a small sad smile. Armin felt a bit of ease because of my assurance, I'm just glad I could help.

"Go to rest, all of you. We still have to deal with these two later." Levi says and pointed at the two men tried up on the side of the warehouse. I was just about to say something when he suddenly pulls me up, grabbing my wrist and dragged me away.

"Levi, where are we going?" I ask in confusion. He didn't even glance at me. We stopped at a small room that seems to be an old washroom. Levi pulls out a big wooden box and made me sit on it. I'm still puzzled about everything that's happening but I just followed. I just watch him grab a white cloth from his pocket and rinsed it on the sink.