35

Brother

Historia struggles to free Eren as her father transforms into a humungous titan. He kept convincing her to leave but it was clear that there's no way she's considering that option. Historia finally unlocks the cuff on his ankle when suddenly, a strong force of steam blows her away.

"Historia!!" Eren yells as she was on her way to crash onto the crystal wall but then someone managed to get a hold of her before that happens.

Historia's eyes widened when she saw the woman in the dark purple hood that always came to her aid, she never realised that she'll still show up after hearing her passing, but she was here, Protecting her again.

"Raven?! You're alive!" She exclaimed, even Eren was surprised. Raven let out a tiny smile.

"B-but how?!"

"No time to explain. We need to get out of here fast or else we'll be crushed into pieces." The girl said. Historia couldn't believe it, even if they were already in the grim of death, she still managed to hug her friend whom she thought has died weeks ago.

--

The squad managed to get out of the underground chapel through Eren's hardening ability and they were all on their way following Rod Reiss' titan. Seeing it was an abnormal, Erwin ordered them to go to the headquarters to discuss a strategy against him.

Eren and Historia were glad to find out that their friend was alive, but they noticed that something was off with her, not just them but Jean and the others too. Raven wore her cloak inside out so it would appear black as she kept her cold persona on but, it was still visible that what happened earlier struck a nerve to the her.

Meanwhile, Levi couldn't stop staring at Raven after seeing her kill her former officer. He knew that Carter was one of her close subordinates and surely it wasn't easy to have killed him.

"Raven." Levi called as they rode different horses. He sensed that she heard him, yet Raven ignored.

"Raven." He repeated, still no reply. He sighed deeply and brought his eyes back to the road.

"If this is about Carter, I'm fine. Alright? It doesn't matter." Raven blurted out. They kept asking her that earlier too but she just dodges the questions, as always.

There she is again, with her famous 'It doesn't matter' line, Trying to act tough to no one would see her vulnerable state. Levi thought.

"You did the right thing." Levi said. His statement made Raven stop on her tracks. She eyes Levi furiously.

Their friends noticed the tension between the two Captains, but they decided it would be best if they stayed out of it.

"I killed my own subordinate." She scoffed in disbelief.

"He was gonna kill you. It was the right call to do." Levi said.

"Was it?"Raven looks down silently, the doubt still never left her mind. This was the first time Raven wasn't sure if what she did was justifiable.

Levi glances at her, feeling a bit empathetic that a woman like Raven was feeling this way.

Levi slowly raises his hand to try and comfort her but before he could to do that, Raven walks away with her horse, keeping her head down.

He sighed deeply as he closes hist fist. Levi still followed the girl and kept silent. Even if she was doubting herself like this, Levi wants her to feel that he's there if ever she needed someone.