getting ready for the ball😏😩

Kens pov:
Me and Barbie were out shopping for our outfits for the hall. I thought it would be uncomfortable but to be honest, it wasn't that bad.

After me and Barbie had decided to strictly stay friends I soon figured out it was so much better that way.

I felt much more comfortable confiding in her and all in all everything felt more natural.

I decided to tell barbie everything about me and Ryan. I told her about my confusion with him at the moment. He hadn't called nor texted and I didn't know what was going on.

"Maybe he's taking some time to figure things out." She guessed, taking one of the dresses off the rack in a boutique.

"Maybe." I said.

All of a sudden I was ripped away from my conversation with barbie when I noticed the perfect suit to wear to the ball. I knew I had to buy it so I quickly grabbed it off the rack and went to go pay for it.

Once me and Barbie had bought our outfits we walked outside of the store, only to be bombarded with paparazzi.

"Barbie, Ken! What are your outfits going to be for the ball?"
"Barbie, Ken! Look over here!"
"Barbie, Ken, do you think you guys will win cutest couple this year?" One asked as he flashed his camera.

I smiled awkwardly, trying not to look too uncomfortable.

"Sorry guys! But we really should get going!" I yelled. The crowd sighed with disappointment but soon scattered.

"What are we going to do Barbie, what if the plan doesn't work?" I said.

"It will work Ken. I believe in Raquelle. I always have." She said gazing off into space.

I knew Barbie believed in Raquelle so why didn't Ryan believe in me? His distance scared me, and a part of me was worried he would leave me.

Once I got home I started to get ready for the big night. I got my hair ready, and put my suit on. Tonight was the night we carry out our plan.

Ryan's pov:
I wasn't going to the ball.

I couldn't do it, see Ken when I knew I was in love with him and I couldn't tell him.

Raquelle had thrown numerous things at me including a toaster, lawn chair, and a hairbrush, to try to get me to go. But I wouldn't comply.

Ken deserves better than a guy like me. The only thing ill do is make his life more of a living hell and he doesn't deserve that.

I sat on the couch, ready to begin my night of sulking, when Raquelle walked into the room, ready for the ball.

She looked at me with anger for a moment but surprisingly that look of anger soon softened. She was still mad, I could tell. But I couldn't help but notice the sudden coolness that appeared in her eyes.

"Ryan, i'm never going to tell you this again. But if you don't go to that ball, you'll regret it for the rest of your life."

It was easy to say that the ball had no meaning and no impact, but we both knew the impact it had.

"Where's my tux Raquelle."