52| For You

Kavya applied the balm on her forehead and pulled the blanket closer to her. Her body was finally at ease after a long day. Her phone lit up with a message. She took it to find Rehan's message. It was photos from the wedding. With time stamped on them. She replied with a thank you.

Finally something to throw at Sharma's face.

She rolled eyes at the thought. She knew him from school. She knew everyone who Rehan was friends with in school. Rehan was close with her, like any cousin would until he realised she had feelings for him.

She expressed in words, he denied in words. She expressed in action, he a avoided her.

She will still love him but won't meddle in his life or anything. She'll be the girl who loved from afar. It was a promise she made to Tara, on their last meeting.

Kavya scrolled through the photos, there was some photos taken before Aadhya and Tara went home. Her body felt warm looking at the family photo, it was taken at 11:39. The time when Aadhya and Tara would be welcoming the killer. Everyone was enjoying the party that a call from Sanjay to Raj broke everything.

She scanned everyone's face, how they turned upside down within minutes.

A sudden realisation hit her as she looked at the photos. Throwing the blanket away she ran. By the time she reached her destination she was heavily breathing, and her body was filled with dread.

"Why are you running?"

Kavya stopped as she reached in front of her mother, Kanika. She looked at her mother as tears filled her eyes. She knew she was about to face something no one wish to face. And she told herself, it might not be what she thinks.

"Was it you?" Kavya asked. "Who broke this family? Who killed Tara? Who killed Rehan's child?"

Kanika chuckled continuing to lock the kitchen door. "Kavya, that's some crazy thing to put your mother as a murderer."

Kavya didn't say anything but her eyes were in a war with her mother's. Her heart breaking, every second.

"It was you!" She whispered as she let her hand fall, her phone making the only noise as it touched the ground.

She walked closer to her mother and shook her grabbing by her shoulders. "Why the hell would you do something like that? Why?"

Kanika looked at her daughter and took a sigh. "I had to,"

Kavya took a step back in shock. Her mother was a murderer now. Her mother.

"After Rehan got married you were not my Kavya anymore," Kanika placed her hand on Kavya's cheek. "I wanted to bring you the life you deserve,"

"And killing my sister and that baby was the only way to reach my happiness!" Kavya asked.

"It was a mistake," Kanika shook her head. "Tara wasn't supposed to be there! It was only Aadhya! She took your life!"

"No!" Kavya yelled. "You took my life! You are my mother. You were supposed to tell me to 'go live your life'. To do whatever I want. But you used me to fulfill your selfish dreams! You wanted me to marry Rehan so that you could be rich. You never were worried about my happiness. You were so indulged in your obsession and jealousy you ruined everyone's life. You ruined your sister's life. You killed her daughter! You killed your brother's granddaughter! How do you think Nani is going to live the rest of her life with her family broken!"

"I wanted you to have a better life! I know being with Rehan will make you happy."

"No! Never!" Kavya screamed. "Rehan could never make me happy! I could never make Rehan happy! You are trying to make me see what you did was right. But it is wrong! I never would wish Aadhya any wrong. There might be a time when I would have, but it was all because of my immaturity. I was so blind, because of you,"