15| Baby Boy ✓

AADHYA

The elevator doors open and I run out towards my family with Rehan behind me. Bhabhi called me seconds ago and asked me to hurry.

As I reach near them I saw the nurse giving the baby to Mom. I smile as I run to Mom.

We all know it's a baby boy because Di stayed nearly six or seven months pregnant there in Australia so during one of the check-ups when the doctor asked them if they wanted to know the gender they both said yes.

"How's Jhanvi?" Dad asks the nurse.

Nurse smiles. "She is good but tired. We showed her the baby and now she's sleeping."

Everyone rushes to Mom and we all stand around her looking at the baby with love. He is so small and sleeping. His eyes closed, his hand near his red cheek, he looks like a strawberry.

Mom passes the baby to Jiju's mother and then everyone takes a turn to hold him. I'm the last one to hold him and when I did I feel utter happiness that I can't explain.

This is the most happiness my family has enjoyed in the last few weeks.

He is the reason and he is already loved and adored.

"Badhai ho," Rehan says in a soft voice with his sweet smile.

"I love him," I tell Rehan. "Actually I've started loving him since I saw the two lines on the pregnancy test in that video call."

Rehan looks at me and looks down at the child.

"He is cute. So I'm not feeling jealous." He jokes and I laugh.

"We have to give the baby back," Bhabhi says as she approaches me.
I see that the nurse is back and I reluctantly give back the baby to Bhabhi. I'm going to love him and spoil him to the fullest. Di will have to interfere.

"We shall see soon." I see Dad shaking hands with Rehan's father.

I realize it's four in the morning looking at my watch. I look at Rehan and he shrugs his shoulder.

Rehan says goodbye to my family and starts to walk away with his father. I sit on one of the chairs and my phone vibrates. I take it to find a message from Rehan.

Come to room no. 1021 it says.

I slowly sneak out and walk to find the room. I see room 1019 and as I walk forward a hand grabs mine and pull me to the wall.

I widen my eyes in shock and Rehan's bright brown eyes greet me. He has pressed me against the wall with his hand on my mouth.

He smiles sheepishly. "Sorry for that."

"You scared the hell out of me," I say slapping his chest.

He laughs and I frown. But his laugh is infectious so I smile and roll my eyes.

"It's not funny but what are you doing here? Isn't your father waiting?" I ask him.

"Yes. I have five more minutes to give this to you." He says taking a rectangular box from his jeans pocket. "This has been in my car since our Roka. I forgot to give this to you and I suffered for that. I ran faster than Usain Bolt to get this."

Rehan passes me the box and I frown.
"You don't have to get me anything," I tell him.

"I'll get you everything." He whispers.

No one has ever said that to me.

"But this one is a tradition in our family."

I look at the box and up at him. I bite my lip in confusion.