Chapter 11- Fool me once

Christian's POV
"I don't know and it doesn't even matter because she does not have feelings for me." I replied in a low voice barely audible

Lucas looked at me with pity in his eyes and said "Christian maybe you should confirm that, you never know what someone feels about you unless you ask them" "no bro, I think I've got my answer and I don't think I should try it" "you're clearly not getting it Chris c'mon" he said while grabbing my hand.

"Let's go to the mall to clean your mind so that you can think clearly. "I don't-" "and I am not taking no as an answer" he said clearly leaving no room for discussion. I quickly stood up to take a shower and get dressed.

****

Sometime later we reached the mall and I can't believe I'm saying this but it did help me change my perspective in things

After a while of discussion I felt like I actually understood what Lucas was trying to say.
You really think I should talk to her?" "Yes you should Chris and you shouldn't be afraid of rejection-" I stopped him mid-sentence clearly in no mood to hear to his 'opinions'

"I made my mind, I'm going to tell Hayley everything, right now" "right now?!" Lucas said in disbelief

"Yes I don't want to waste a single second over here" I quickly took out my phone and called Hayley.

Hayley's POV
Enzo calling me after so long made me feel so many things at the same time.
Anger-happiness- but most of all it was friendship.

I quickly picked up the phone in case he changes his mind. "Hey Hayley" he spoke in a nervous voice. "Enzo Where are you, why were you-?" "I will explain you everything Hayley I just need to see you in person right now."

"Okay suree but where?" "Where are you right now?" "The mall" "okay then wait for me there I'm coming in 10 minutes." With that he ended the call.

I quickly kept my phone inside my purse and rushed back inside the mall. I waited there for like 10 minutes exactly and finally he came.
"Enzo" I barely managed to speak as he pulled me into a massive hug. I was overjoyed by hugging him after soo long.

He quickly pulled back and looked me in the eyes which were clearly demanding answers.

"Okay so" he started speaking and I took a deep breath because it felt like it wasn't going to be a re union, there's more to the story.

"So you remember the pictures that were posted on social media of you and Christian" I shifted uncomfortably not liking the conversation and he continued "I took them" he said with his eyes looking at the floor and his face showing pure guilt and regret.

All this time he was holding my hand which he immediately left as I stood up. I stood up so quickly that it startled me as well. "What the hell Enzo?! What do you think you're saying???"

"Relax Hayley I know it sounds weird and you feel like you've been betrayed but please listen to my side of the story." I clenched my hands into a fist and then unclenched them trying to calm down and when I did I sat down
immediately to listen to what he has to say

****

He explained the whole story to me and I was burning with anger by this point.

Whatever he just told me clearly makes sense and now I can't think another logical explanation to this.

I quickly stood up ready to leave when Enzo grabbed my hand and stood up himself.

He placed his hand on my cheek and spoke softly "Hayley we can't do anything right now they asked me to run away from this city, if they somehow get to know that you know about it, they'll kill me for sure and I don't even know what harm they'll do to you."

His whole face showed care for me and for a second I just considered whatever he said. "I can't lose you Hayley" he said barely a whisper but it made my whole body to shiver. I don't know what he meant and I absolutely don't know how I took it but this is not how it should be.

Thankfully my phone rang pulling me out of this whole conversation. I stopped in horror reading Christian's name on the screen. Does he know? Several thoughts were wandering my mind but I quickly picked it up.

"Hayley?" "Yea Christian?" I saw Enzo looked up to me but assured him I wouldn't endanger his life right now. "Where are you Hayley I need to talk to you about something" his voice was soft which meant he wasn't angry.

Dammit I can't tell him that I'm with Enzo right now.

"I am at the office right now a little busy can we talk about it later in the evening?" I managed to speak without stuttering. "Okay just text me" "okay bye" he ended the call and I sighed in relief.

Enzo looked at me worriedly and I told him everything to which he also sighed and pulled me in for another hug. "Thank you Hayley, I will never forget this, I have to go now but just please take care of yourself" "hey, it's okay and I'm not mad at you Enzo, you're my best friend and I would never hurt you" I said while hugging him back when we heard a loud voice call my name.

I immediately pulled away from the hug and turned around just to see the person we both were expecting least to see 'Christian' whose face was boiling with anger and a not so angry Lucas who just stared worriedly.

Christian's POV
After that call with Hayley we decided to take a walk at the mall and then go back. I saw a familiar face and I immediately got angry.

There she was. 'Hayley with Enzo' and they were hugging. Lucas also saw them and called my name but I wasn't even listening.

I dashed towards them and angrily shouted her name when she quickly turned around and both their faces showed horror.

I rushed to Enzo and grabbed him by the collar "motherf-" "CHRISTIAN" Lucas yelled behind me and that is when I saw Hayley who was staring at me with teary wide eyes.

Enzo took a step towards her when I pulled him back.

Lucas immediately rushed towards Hayley to help her breathe which she clearly wasn't.

"What is your problem mayn?" Enzo spoke making me stare at him in disbelief. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I yelled in his face when he stood taller and said to my face "she is my friend I am just looking out for her Christian." "Well you shouldn't" "why do you think I'll listen to you?" he said clearly and I felt like punching him in the face.

Hayley and Lucas both stood up trying to tear us apart but failed to do so. I couldn't hold it in and I shouted

"BECAUSE SHE IS MINE"