iMovie Night

Freddie

As Carly finished going down the stairs and finding the movies we were going to watch, Sam held me back. 

"Have you noticed anything different about Carly?" Sam asked while carefully inspecting her actions. 

"I don't know." I replied. "The rehearsal with the Idiot Farmgirl-what was that about?" 

"That's what I'm trying to figure out!" She whispered loudly with a touch of aggravation. "It was everything today. Just weird."

I had acted like I wasn't paying attention to them today at the pool, but I really was. I'm very sure Carly could swim. And  no 14 year old human being would be so afraid of drowning. Especially when her overprotective best friend Sam was there. She was openly flirting with Sam and I didn't understand how Sam didn't see.

"I guess. I mean she was acting a bit weird during the Q and A segment. I mean, and her answer  for the last question? Sam...I don't know if she was kidding." I dragged out the last part a bit, contemplating whether to say it or not. I'm really no expert and though the two girls were extremely close, always have been and have always seemed to be  extremely touchy with each other, I have to admit today was weird. 

"Shut up Fredward. Someone as perfect as her wouldn't-" Sam was interrupted by the sound of Carly's voice. 

"Sam!! Hurry up and get down here! Freddie you too!" She called. 

"C'mon." Sam said as we headed to her. She had 2 bowls of popcorn, and explained that the big  bowl was for her and Sam and the smaller one was for me. Sam and I shared a look. I was going to keep watch on what she's up to now. 

Sam sat down on the couch and grabbed the blank from the back of it. Carly went over and sat directly next to her, shoulder to shoulder. She then took some of the blanket from Sam and covered herself with it. 

"Freddie, can you get the remote and turn on the tv?" Carly asked me. She was adjusting herself comfortably on the couch, and Sam gave me a look that told me to pay attention. it was fun teaming up with Sam. I clicked on the tv, and Sam and I both groaned when we saw it was some dumb chick flick. 

"I get to pick the next movie if you make me sit through this crap." I said. 

"No Fredweird I get to chose next." 

"I get to pick next!" 

"Sam can pick next." Carly butted in. Sam smiled and nodded at me, but not in the normal mocking way she would. I honestly am scared as to what Sam chooses next. 

The movie was dumb but I sat through. I'm determined to stay here through both of the girl's movies so I could make them watch the Galaxy Wars movie.

"Sam, are you going to pick a horror movie?" Carly asked quietly. 

"Is it okay with you?" Sam said happily. 

"I guess." Carly said. I hate horror movies a lot, but I know Carly hates them more. She's scared of thunder storms!! 

I learned early on that it was all a set up. She never wanted to watch a horror movie, she just wanted Sam to comfort her. I see how it is. 15 minutes into the movie she was cuddled under Sam's arm with the blanket over her face. 

"Carly. If this is too much for you we can put on cartoons or something. But I will not sit through another dumb movie." Sam said after 30 minutes. She was bored, but I know this movie gets scarier as time passes.   

It got to a point in the movie when Carly wouldn't stop screaming (and I was crying but nobody knows that) so Sam told me to turn it off, and I gladly did.

Sam tried to adjust herself and get more comfortable, and Carly got so nervous that she practically climbed into Sam's lap. 

"Whoa Carly. I'm not Santa Claus." Sam joked. 

"Yeah. You're Sam-ta Claus." Carly joked back. I got up and turned on the lights, and told them I was heading home. 

I do have to admit that while they have always been very comfortable with each other, I feel like today from Carly was very overboard. The pool, the movie night, and I read the script to the Idiot Farmgirl sketch, and she made many unnecessary changes to the script. I was going to have to pay close attention to them the next few days....