14: KNOWS

"So Taehyung not even crack exam but also came third in whole Korea. Okay and for money he work at that cafe where he got that special episode of him. " Namjoon said boring dagger at Taehyung and Yoongi who were standing in front of him, while he was sitting on Yoongi's bed facing them.

Taehyung and Yoongi nodded their head. Namjoon let out a big sigh and take his head in his hand while his elbows resting on his thighs.

"God. What have you done! You could ask me for money, I will never thought for a second to give it to you Taehyung. Did you not trust me even a little? "

Namjoon said with hurt expression. He was shocked but felt hurt when they told him the truth. He knew those two were up to something but this. This was big. Even he himself never thought of anything like that. He felt like he failed as a parent. He thought it was his failure as Taehyung instead of coming to him for help, decided to do it with hard way.

"Its not like that uncle Joonie. Its just,...... we thought if we asked you for money, you will tell appa or dad. That's why I didn't tell you. I really trust you. Don't feel hurt. P-please.'

Taehyung was crying at the end of sentence. He never thought, his action would hurt his lovely uncle like that. He hugged his uncle tightly, which hugged him back.

"I am hurt tiger. But I am also proud of you. Congratulations on your massive success." Namjoon smiled at Taehyung, pecking his forehead.

"Thank you uncle Joonie. I will go home now. Its getting late."

"You know that Jungkook and Jin will find about this eventually, right? Isn't it better to tell them yourself than they found it out from outside."

"Hmm. I will tell them when time come uncle Jonnie."

"Okay. As you wish. Take care of yourself Tiger. Aish, You both are growing up too fast." Namjoon said while patting Taehyung and Yoongi's back gently.

"Bye Uncle Joonie. Bye Yoongi hyung."
With that Taehyung walk outside their house with a big smile. He was really happy. Finally, the things happening the way he wants.

That's what he thought, but as soon as he open the front door, he knew he was in big trouble. There his dad looking at the letter in his hand while his appa Jin rushed to him as soon as he saw him. Giving him a bone cracking hug and crying at the same time.

Taehyung was shocked with the sudden outburst, he looked around the room one more time to find out Jimin was looking at him with hurt expression.

"My Poor Baby." Jin said while wiping his tears and pecking Taehyungs forehead. He then again hugged a shocked Taehyung.

Ahem. Taehyung sit here." Jungkook said, his eyes were red like he had cried. Jin led Taehyung to the sofa. As they sit, Jin hugged him once more, caressing his hair.

"Jin, we decided right."

"Yes. You can continue." Jin release Taehyung from hug, and went to sit beside Jungkook.

Now Taehyung was sitting in front of his parents who were looking at him with hurt expression. Jimin was standing at the other side of the room, silently watching all of this.

"This came today."

Jungkook said while handing the envelope to Taehyung. Taehyung opened the envelope. Its the congratulation letter from University for coming 3rd in South Korea. And invited him to the Honouring Ceremony for his success. Taehyung's breath hitched. They know now. Before he would get a chance to tell them. Its too sudden. He had thought he would tell them when he has to take their signature on his acceptance form. But it didn't happen as he had thought it would be. He remain silent, not knowing what to say.

"You are this desperate to go away from us." Jungkook said.

Taehyung had thought of this scene in his head countless times. He had thought Jungkook would be mad and furious. But here his dad was looking at him all hurt expression. Taehyung didn't know why but he felt a pang in his heart, it was first time in his life that he had seen his dad this heartbroken.

"Was we that bad to you that you choose to work in a cafe instead of asking us for money. Okay not me, but at least to Namjoon?"

Jungkook said with hurt expression but voice still calm. When Jin immediately called him from office and handed him the letter as soon as he set foot in the house. He felt suffocating. He arranged the dots, how Taehyung has his episode outside that cafe, how he went out of the house lying he was going out to play with yoongi, the worker at Mr. Choi's cafe talking about some Taehyung. And now this letter. He knew that exam needs lot of money to even fill the application form.

"On my b-birthday last y-year y-you s-said to not ask others for a-anything." Jin cried again nth time and went out of the room. It was too much for him.
Jungkook was not doing best also.

There was silent in the room. Jimin was still at same place, Jin nowhere to be found. And Jungkook sat there holding his head. Taehyung don't know to stay or go out of the room. But he decided instead. So he sat their looking at his hands, placed on his lap.

"You will give me permission to go right?" Taehyung asked, rather scared of his father.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READY FOR LAST CHAPTER?