Your Turn

You had been at home all day with your three year old daughter

You had been at home all day with your three year old daughter. Dayvon had been at the studio for the entire day. So when he came home you were so relieved that it wouldn't just be you playing restaurant over and over again.

Von walked in the door clearly tired, and slumped on the couch next to where you and your daughter were playing. Your daughter immediately ran over and climbed on top of him. "Daddy! Will you play restaurant with me and mommy?"

You gave Von an expectant look. "Yeah, will you play restaurant with us?"

Von looked at you and at his daughter before letting out a sigh. "Alright, I'll play restaurant".

You quickly stood up. "Perfect, I'm going to go make us some actual dinner". You quickly left the room, making your way into the kitchen.

From the kitchen you could hear your daughter and Von talking. "You get to be the chef and I'll be the customer", your daughter said to Von. You could hear Von grumble, not entirely sure what he was complaining about.

Everything seemed peaceful in the other room, allowing you to make dinner. At least for a little while. You had your back to the door, facing the stove, when you heard a voice behind you. "What's for dinner?"

You jumped at the sudden voice, not hearing your daughter walk in. "Oh jeez, um, chicken Parmesan pasta. Go back to playing with your dad, it'll be ready soon". You waited for her to go back to the living room, but she stood there, staring at you. "Von, come get your daughter!" You yelled through the house, but received no answer.

When you received no response, you picked up your daughter and made your way to the living room. You couldn't say you were surprised when you saw Von asleep on the couch. "Why don't you play for a little bit, and I'll be right back".

You headed back to the kitchen and finished making dinner. You brought out the plates of pasta and set them on the table. You walked back into the living room, now seeing your daughter curled up on the couch with Von, playing with a doll.

"Okay sweetheart, it's time for dinner". You picked her up and carried her to the table, placing her down in her chair. You turned back and made your way back into the living room and gently shook Von awake. He slowly opened his eyes, and gave you a gentle smile. "Dinner time".

The two of you made your way into the kitchen, only to be greeted by the mess your daughter managed to make in such a short period of time. You turned to Von, "your turn", and you sat down, enjoying the food that you made.

"What kind of customer leaves this much of a mess?" Von starts cleaning up the mess around you daughter.

"I'm a bad customer. But mommy is a good chef. You're a bad waiter". Your daughter points to Von, laughing at his fake offense.

"Well at least, you mom is a good cook". All three of you laughed as he continued to clean up the mess.