Part 14

TIME SKIP

Shane, Rick, Carl, and I were walking through the woods trying to find any lead on Sophia. Shane and Rick were arguing over something. I didn't care enough to listen, I just wanted to find the little girl. It made me sick to think that she was out here alone. A huge deer came out of nowhere and it caught all of our attention. Carl was mesmerized. He almost got close enough to touch it. I saw the man with a gun just in time. I pushed Carl out of the way. I didn't feel anything at first. I heard the gunshot, felt a hot searing pain in my side, and then the world went black

I regained consciousness a few times. I remember running or rather being carried by someone running. Then it was black. Then we were in some kind of house, then black.

When I woke up again couldn't open my eyes. They felt so heavy. Everything felt heavy really. After what felt like forever I forced my eyes open. I was in a house. A house in the apocalypse...? Guess so. It was actually quite a beautiful room, but I was just trying to figure out what happened. Right then a woman.... Maggie... Came in.

"Y/n... You're awake... Do you remember me?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course I remember you, Mags. Give me a hug!" I said happily. I met Maggie on one of the times I ran away from Ethan. Her whole family was so sweet to me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked her doctor mode kicking in.

"Kinda like I got hit by a bus. What happened?" I asked. But before she could say anything Daryl burst through the door.

"Your awake!" Daryl said smiling at me.

"Hey, dar-bear." Maggie made a face at me and I knew she was gonna ask later.

"We can catch up later N/n," Maggie said leaving.

"Bye Mags," I said turning back to Daryl who now was holding onto my arm. "Hey...."

"Hey, darlin'."

"Daryl, what happened?" I whisper asked.

"Based on what Rick told me... Y'all were out looking for Sophia. Carl stopped to look at a deer, then he saw you push Carl out of the way and he didn't know why until he realized a gun went off. You pushed Carl outta the way so he wouldn't get shot, but you weren't fast enough to not get yourself shot the man who shot you and the deer, led us here, Rick sprinted while carrying you here, so maybe you could be saved," He paused his eyes were watering at this point. "Darlin... I thought I lost you. I thoug-"

I cut him off and grabbed his hand, "No, no. I'm still here. You didn't. That's what matters..." I gave him a quick kiss and he smiled at me.

"Okay... I love you darlin'." He whispered.

"I love you too dar-bear."

"Daryl, help me outta this bed I can't stand laying around doing nothing," I said after a minute.

"Are you sure? I mean you just got shot."

"Oh don't give me none of that, I'm fine. Help me up so I can do something." I responded waving off his attempts to make me lay back down. I'll have none of that right now. I gotta help do something.

After a while, Daryl gave up and helped me down the stairs and out of the house. We walked up on practically everyone having a conversation. Hershal saw Daryl walking me out and tried to get me to go back and lay down but I waved him off.

"You really think we're gonna find Sophia? You got that look on your face same as everybody else. What the hell's wrong with you people?" 

"We just started looking."