Ch. 12: The Other Woman

🎶"Tainu samajh baitha si main zindagi, tu maut di wajah ban gayi. Main tere pyaar vichon labh da si khushiyan, tu mere layi saza ban gayi. Main appe chad dinda je mainu das dinda ke hun tainu Nirmaan di koi lod na rahi."

"I considered you my life, but you became the reason for my death. I sought happiness in your love, but you became a punishment for me. I would've left you had you told me that you don't need Nirmaan (me) anymore."🎶

- Oh Na Rahi | Nirmaan | Goldboy

Ayaara's P.O.V.

A small smile began tugging on my lips. Kids can say the most random things.

Faris slowly moved Faryal away from himself, his fearful eyes glued on me.

She looked at him, slightly confused, before following his gaze to me.

I had never met her before, but Faris had shown me her picture. They went to school together and used to be close friends when they were younger. He told me they would message here and there on holidays or birthdays, but they didn't meet up after college since they both got busy with their careers.

"Ayaara..." Faris spoke hesitantly.

"Daddy!" the little boy chirped again.

Faryal grabbed the toddler's hand, "Shh, Daddy's talking to someone, Saif."

Daddy.

She was referring to Faris, my Faris, as his father.

"Faryal, take Saif and wait for me in the lobby downstairs," my husband told her.

She nodded before looking in my direction once more, flashing an unsure smile before tugging on the child's hand.

Faris closed the door after they stepped out and walked over towards me.

He gripped my arms, "Love-"

With a smile of denial, I began, "Faris, why were they calling you-" my expression wavered when the worry on his face grew.

"Faris?" my heart began racing.

He remained silent, his fretful eyes staring into mine.

Faris's P.O.V.

"No..." her voice trailed.

Her gaze met the floor as she tried making sense of it all.

"Why aren't you saying something?" she asked softly with a hand on my cheek, searching my eyes as hers begged for me to ease her doubts.

I was breaking her heart by the second.

And it was killing me.

"Faris, please," she breathed hopelessly.

I never wanted her to look at me in the way she was right now, I never wanted to be the reason behind those precious tears.

Her lower lip quivered.

"Baby-"

"Don't do this. Please. Faris, please," her tears threatened to spill out, "Who is she?!"

Her voice grew louder with desperation, "What is Faryal doing here?! Faris!"

My hands lowered to my sides as she clutched the front of my shirt, "Say something, Faris! She's just your school friend, right? Then why were they referring to you as 'Daddy?'"

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"What are they doing here in New York? Faris!" I shook him softly as my voice broke at the end.