Chapter 20

Laila Begum breathed out a sigh of relief, seeing her daughter's tired face through the peephole of the main door

Laila Begum breathed out a sigh of relief, seeing her daughter's tired face through the peephole of the main door. She quickly opened the door, rocking a wailing Zayn in her arms.

"As far as I remember, today wasn't your night duty." Opening the door, Laila Begum threw the question straight away.

Getting interrogated, first thing reaching her house and hearing her mother's annoyed tone, Habiba wasn't a bit surprised as she was expecting something like that.

"Walaikumassalam to you too, Ma." Habiba rolled her eyes playfully and her eyes shifted to a sulking Zayn on her mother's arm who to her bewilderment was glaring at her.

His small hands clutched his nanu's saree tightly as he kept glaring at her. Her mouth left ajar as she looked at his tears breaming angry eyes. Her son really was an expert to surprise her with his cute adult-like acts.

"Babbba." Habiba's face was adorned in a million-dollar smile as she stepped inside and extended her arms towards him, cooing him sweetly.

That was the final string for him of being angry with her mother as she called him with that sweet nickname. His lips stuck out in an adorable pout and they trembled for a while before the loud crying left his mouth again.

Habiba was awestruck as she chuckled and quickly took him in her arms after handing her handbag to her mother who was still very annoyed with her being late.

She patted Zayn's back who was then hiccuping from the crook of her mother's neck. She could feel her chiffon black hijab wetting by his tears.

Every time she felt horrible for making her precious baby cry like that but she couldn't change that. Nothing wasn't on her hand. Saving someone's life or trying to save a precious life was much more significant.

"Mama's sorry again, Jann." She whispered to him who became quiet and stopped with his uncontrollable hiccups by then.

Zayn looked up from her neck and pouted again which was enough for Hbiba to have a heart attack by her cuteness.

She wiped his red face and cleaned his runny nose with a chuckle.

"You look nasty, sona." Habiba laughed again.

Zayn pursed his lips and folded his hand on her chest. As if being insulted by her mother's comment, he narrowed or tried to narrow his eyes at her.

Habiba's laughing boomed around as she couldn't take any more of his adorableness. She rudded his nose with her nose and a fist of giggles left Zayn's mouth too.

Laila Begum came out from the kitchen smiling, hearing the mother-son duo's laughing from the entrance.

"Abrar, here is your chai." She sat beside her husband on the couch and hold out the teacup towards him.

She got no response in return. She was about to shake him before her daughter came in and gave her greeting to her father. Still, they didn't hear his greeting back from him.