Chapter Eight: The party (Part 2)

Knox stumbles through the house, his vision blurry. He doesn't even hear what the others are saying or what music is playing. He walks to a couch in the living room, plopping down between two couples making out. What he doesn't notice at fist is a certain blonde girl laying right next to him. He takes a sip from his glass, pushing one couple away from him. He wants to stand up and leave but he notices Chris sleeping. He leans back, trying to think clear. But thanks to all the liquor, he feels more confident than usual. He sighs.

"God, help me." He looks around, seeing that Chet sits only a few meters away with his back turned. He looks up.

"Carpe diem", he whispers. He downs the rest of his drink before leaning down inches from Chris' face. He lightly kisses her forehead, enjoying the moment.

"Oh, god", says Ginny, genuinely terrified. Mireille looks at her and turns her head to the direction she's looking at. She groans, facepalming.

"That idiot...", she mumbles but before she can go over and pull him away, another boy notices the scene.

"Chet. Chet. Look", he says. Chet turns to him.

"What?" Knox hears them talking so he shifts to look at them.

"It's Mutt Sanders' brother", says the boy from earlier. Chet turns around fully.

"Huh?" Chris wakes up, looking at Knox surprised.

"Knox, what-"

"And he's feeling up your girl!" Chet stands up, aggressively looking over to Knox.

"What the hell are you doing?", he asks, after blinking a few times. Mireille jumps up, walking over to them.

"Knox-"

"Chet. Chet, don't", Chris tries to persuade him but to no avail. Chet walks over to them and throws Knox from the couch, slamming him into the glass table. It shatters under Knox, sending the glass pieces flying. A little piece cutting Mireille's cheek without her noticing. Chet sits on top of Knox, punching him repeatedly.

"Chet, no! You'll hurt him!", yells Chris but he doesn't stop.

"Chet, stop it! Leave him alone!" Two of Chet's friends come over and pull him off Knox.

"Bastard!", spits Chet once he stands up again. Knox tries to hide his face. Mireille kneels down in front of him.

"Knox! Knox, hey, look at me." She helps him sit up, slowly getting angry when she sees his bloody nose. Chris kneels down to them as well.

"Chris, get the hell away from him!", yells Chet furious.

"Chet, you hurt him!"

"Good!" Knox puts his hand away from his nose, looking at Chris.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry", he pleads quiet. Chris shakes her head.

"It's okay." Chet pulls Chris away from him, looking down at him.

"Next time I see you, you die", he warns. Knox looks up at him, terrified. Mireille helps Knox stand up and starts walking towards the door. But she stops when she hears Chet speaking.

"Bastard", he breaths, still angry. She turns to Knox.

"Knox, go ahead, I will catch up with you", she says, pushing him slightly towards the door. She turns around, snatching a drink from another guest.

"I'm gonna need to borrow that." Chris sees Mireille walking over.

"I'm so sorry about what happened." Chet turns around, facing Mireille.