Chapter 46

Cleo's POV:

I love you was hovering over me for what felt like centuries. I loved the way her freckles brightened with the sun. I loved how gently she'd touch me when I came over after a long shift. I loved the curve of her neck and the waves in her hair and how her smile felt like if sunshine could be touched. I loved everything about Olivia. I loved Olivia.

It took me a long time to sum up the courage and just say it, but it was starting to feel like something I'd spill on accident. I love you became punctuation, something to end every "goodbye" or "goodnight" or "drive safe". It felt easy, not like love had felt in the past. Everything with Via felt easy.

We went back to my place instead of Via's. I had a feeling that she wasn't super excited to go back there. Honestly, I wouldn't have been either.

I peeled off my tote bag and hung it next to the door before kicking my shoes off. "Do you want anything to eat, baby?"

"Yes," she smiled, pulling off her shoes, too.

I looked at her as Via leaned onto her toes to kiss me and I pulled at her waist. I knew what it meant when she kissed me like that, and I was drawn in. Via ran one hand up my shirt just barely, and it drove me nuts.

"I thought you wanted something to eat," I said, pulling away just an inch.

"I do," she smiled. Her eyes flicked across my body and I could practically feel myself redden in front of her.

She started to tug at the bottom on my shirt as I kissed her again. We didn't let go of one another, even as I walked us down the hall and into my bedroom.

She'd worked my shirt off and over my head at this point and I pushed her against the door to really take her in. Every time I touched her, kissed her, felt her, I reminded myself that I was touching a girl that loved me back. It turned me on even more. Via backed me up onto the bed and straddled my waist. She was kissing down my neck slowly, really listening to my breathing quicken as she pressed her lips against me. She has this certainty about her, like she knew exactly what to touch and how to touch it. Via nibbled a bit at the base of my neck and I let out a groan. She pulled away to look at me.

"Oh, shit," Olivia muttered, running a finger over the bruise mark she'd left on my neck.

"I didn't ask you to stop," I said, tilting her chin to look me in the eye again.

Via didn't need to be told twice before kissing me again and pushing me back against the bed. Her fingers quickly unbuckled my jeans while she kissed down my chest and stomach, to my hips. My breathing was coming out shaky and rough. She was staring up at me with this look in her eye, halfway turned on and halfway waiting for me to tell her to touch me. Or maybe waiting for me to beg. I propped myself up on my elbows and face her just as the distinct noise of the front door opening sounded.

"Cleo! I'm home!" Will's voice yelled from the front door.

"Shit," I whispered sitting back up and re-buttoning my jeans "Two seconds, baby. I'll be right back."

I pressed a kiss to her forehead as she huffed out a breath and pointed me in the direction of my shirt. I tugged it back on before leaving to room to see Will sliding his boots off by the front door.

"There's my favorite sister," he grinned.

"Your only sister," I replied. "You're in a good mood."

"I had a good day at work, bug. In fact, I've had a good month at work. I'm thinking we should look into moving out of this dump soon. Maybe find an apartment on the other side of your school."

"Really?" I said, leaning against my bedroom door. "That's... that's great news. Will all our stuff fit in an apartment?"

"We've gotta get rid of some of this junk."

I looked around the room. Everything there was once held by my mother.

"We can start looking for a new place next week," he said, stepping toward me to ruffle my hair before pausing. "Cleo Roberts, do you have a hickey?" he asked.

I slapped my hand over my neck. "No, I burnt myself. With a curling iron."

Will shook his head. "So, does that mean you and Andrew are back together then?"

"No. Go to hell."

"That sounds like a yes."

"Go to hell."

He slipped into his bedroom with a smile and I opened my door when Via, still shirtless, was typing on her phone.

"Hey," she said. "Everything okay?"

I smiled and slid next to her on the bed, pulling her into my lap.

"Never better," I replied, half lidded as I ran my hands across her arms.

She was leaning in to kiss me when she paused. "Are you sure you wanna...? If Will is right next door..."

"I can be quiet for you, baby."

Via froze for a moment, her face reddening as she smiled back. "Oh, yeah?"

She pulled me in by my shirt collar and kissed me hard. I must've told her I love you more in that bed that night than I had my whole life.