Chapter 12: Mother Dear

Here we are.

My mother was sitting on the opposite couch that I was sitting on and Hades was sitting next to me. Julien was casually sprawled on the huge couch while watching T.V. He quickly gave me a side glance before turning it off.

"I just need some pop corn" Julien mumbled under his breath. He stood up and made his way to the kitchen while my mother rolled her eyes.

"What is it you wanted to talk about, Hades?" My mother asked formally. I guess at this point, my mother was simply frustrated by the amount of things she had recently learnt.

"I wanted to apologize. And I also wanted to let you know that I am in love with your daughter" Hades started as he slowly turned his face to look at me.

"And it took you three weeks to realize that?" My mother questioned. Just as Hades was about to respond, my mother lifted her hand up to stop him. "I can tell you that my daughter loves you too" She started. "But I won't accept a man, walking into her life, then abandoning her" She explained. My mother didn't know the whole truth. I simply told her that Hades and I broke things off because of Hannah.

"He didn't abandon me. I pushed him away" I quickly said.

"Did i talk to you?" My mother scolded. I rolled my lips in my mouth then stared at the floor.

"I don't care about the reasons. I don't care about what happened. The past is the past. I just want you to know that I won't accept shit again" My mother said seriously, staring at Hades in the eyes.

"Thank you" Hades simply said. His jaws clenched, then unclenched.

"Now to some serious talk, I do hope you fulfil your new responsibilities as a fa-" Oh No.

"Boyfriend" I quickly said. The frown appeared instantly on my mother's face. She stared at me suspiciously before closing her eyes. She seemed to have understood that I haven't told him about my pregnancy yet.

"I will" Hades nodded curtly.

"What did I miss?" Julien asked while walking into the living room, with his bowl of pop corn in his hands.

"Did you have a chat with Hannah?" My mother suddenly asked him. Julien shook his head hesitantly. "When will you talk to her? When the child is going to start walking?" She snapped. Ouh. My mother was angry today.

"I-I" Julien started, seeming to have been caught off guard.

"I-I" My mother mocked him. "I feel like I have two kids in this house! Own up your responsibilities. You both are about to be parents and you're still behaving like kids! I am not the one who's supposed to be taking these decisions. And I am certainly not the one who's supposed to be telling what to do because apparently you know how to have sex!" She snapped. Her hands were on placed her hips. She looked so intimidating at this point. Hades looked utterly confused.

"I will give Hannah a call straight away" Julien whispered to himself before walking out of the living room. He looked like he was about to collapse at this point.

"Good choice" My mother muttered before turning her attention to me.

"And I assume you have something to do too" She said, with one rose eyebrows.

"Yes. Later today" I responded formally so that Hades wouldn't catch on. He didn't seem to have realize that my mother mentioned that Julien and I, were both going to be parents.

"And you, I won't give you my blessing" My mother muttered in fatigue. "You'll have to earn it" She said to Hades.

"Sure, Kathy" Kale responded. My mother shook her head before dismissing her her hand. She was in a very bad mood today.

"Mom" I called as I stood up and walked to her. "Are you okay?" I asked her. Hades stood up, then gently took my hand his his. I turned around to look at him.

"I'll wait for you in the car" He said before offering my mother a smile.

"Hades, I apologize if I was too m-" My mother started.

"I totally understand. You don't need to apologize" Hades quickly said. With that, he walked to the front door, leaving my mother and I alone in the living room.

"How can I be okay?" My mother asked me.

"Julien hasn't spoken to Hannah yet and you haven't told Hades anything" My mother glared at me.

"I will tell him tonight" I said in reassurance. "And Julien is calling Hannah, right now" I continued. "So Stop stressing" I said as I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in a forceful hug. She wrapped her arms around me and sighed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me softly.

"Nervous about his reaction" I admitted.

"I am pretty sure that he'll be delighted" Mom told me before pulling away. "You two have lost three weeks for nothing. For me personally, I felt like it was a battle of ego. Who will call first? Who will text first?" she rolled her eyes.

"Ego has nothing to do with this" I mumbled. She shrugged then inhaled deeply.

"I am going to check on Julien, I am pretty sure he's pretty upset by this whole ordeal" My mother said. I nodded then picked up my hand bag from the couch.

"I will be late tonight" I told her while making my way to the door. I had dinner at Hades' tonight and I was planning on telling him. I was wearing a dress that showed my small tiny tummy. I placed my bag in front of it so that Hades wouldn't notice anything. I was 12 weeks pregnant at this point.

"I'll see you tomorrow when you get home" My mother shook her head. "There's no way you're coming tonight" She snickered.

"True" I chuckled before closing the door. I walked to where Hades' car was parked. He was standing next to it, smoking a cigarette. "Can we go?" I asked politely.

"Sure, Sweetheart" He breathed before throwing the cigarette.