Chapter 24: Morning Surprise

After last night's conversation, what I was not expecting was to wake up on an empty bed. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyesight. I stared at the clock and realised that I slept in. It was already 9 and I was still sprawled on the bed without Hades by my side. He regular disappearances were becoming annoying. Was I becoming too demanding? With a groan, I got out of the bed and made my way to the shower. Julien and Ella must already be up.

After my shower, I walked down the stairs while humming. The sun was out today and this beautiful weather had enhanced my mood. I felt happy as I made my way to the kitchen. I was surprised when I saw no one. I could hear them chatting away though. With a frown on my face, I followed their voices.

In the backyard.

"Good Morning, Sweetheart" I heard Hades greet from behind me just as I was about to reach the door. I turned to look at him in confusion.

"What are you guys doing in the backyard?" I asked as he slide his hand in mine. He then brought it to his lips, giving a light gentle peck.

"We're having breakfast outside" Hades announced. I quickly turned around and walked outside to see a few mats sprawled on the grass. Julien was laying on his back, with his sunglasses on, appreciating the sun rays. Ella and Jason were sitting by the pool, splashing water on Julien purposely. I could see a table set outside with so many variety of foods that it made my stomach rumble in approval.

"I love this" I whispered and closed my eyes as the light breeze slowly hit my skin. This was my idea of a good time.

I could hear a light piano playing in the background. I could recognise the song that was playing. I felt relaxed.

I felt at peace.

With no worries in the world.

And the people I love.

I felt hands wrapped themselves from behind me. Hades rested his head on my shoulder as I stared at my friends.

"I know that this is important for you, Luna" He whispered from behind him as he stared at our friends too.

"I like it when you call me sweetheart" I teasingly said while placing my hands over his. "I love this. Thank you so much" I said and turned around to find his lips already waiting for mine. I turned around and kissed his soft and warm lips.

"The food's getting cold!" Ella shouted from the pool. I broke the kiss, took Hades' hand in mine and walked to my friends.

"The fruits are served cold, Ella" Julien breathed, not bothering himself to turn around to look at Ella.

"Who cares?" Ella questioned while splashing some water on him. Julien took his sunglasses off, rose his eyebrows then stood up.

"I don't even know why I bother" he said to me. I couldn't help but chuckle at how exasperated he was. "I'm going to get the drinks" Julien said.

"I'll come with you" Hades said and followed him.

"I'll take this opportunity to go pee" Jason said while getting out of the pool. Ella sat on the edge and patted the space next to her. I settled by her side and placed my feet in the water. Ella had a bright contagious smile on her face.

"This is so good" Ella gushed. "I love this" she said while looking around.

"I really needed this" I said.

"It's been a while that we've properly catch up all together" Ella told me. I nodded in agreement. I still felt incomplete though.

"Angie and Jace aren't here though" I mentioned. Ella huffed, pushed her sunglasses off her face then rolled her eyes.

"Luna" Ella started. I quickly shook my head and stopped her.

"I know. I'm literally wishing for a perfect life and i should be happy with what i have" I told her. She nodded her head as if it was obvious.

"You literally have the life that many women would ask for, Luna. You're pregnant with a beautiful baby. You have a loving future husband and also amazing friends" she said. I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"I am lucky" I admitted. "I have been a bit too demanding lately" I told her. "Even on Hades" I sighed in realization.

"What do you mean?" She asked curiously."Do you want to eat something?" She quickly asked after.

"No, I'll wait for them to be back. I want to have a drink first" I said.

"So yeah, what do you mean?" She asked while popping a grape in her mouth.

"Well" I started hesitantly. "I feel like I have been demanding a bit too much of his time" I admitted in shame.

"What do you mean?" Ella repeated.

"I feel like he spends too much time trying to track that obsessive stalker instead of enjoying this pregnancy with me" I said. "I feel so selfish for feeling this way" I admitted. "But I understand him too. He wants us safe" I said. I was lucky to have Hades in my life.

"You want my honest opinion?" Ella asked. I hesitantly nodded.

"You've got a sexy rich boyfriend. You're pregnant with his baby, so he's not going anywhere. You've got him in the mouse trap. You don't need to work. You don't need to do anything. You just need to sit back and enjoy what life has offered you. You can't be mad at the man for wanting the safety of his baby, Luna. Maybe it's the hormones as well" Ella said and popped another grape in her mouth. I squinted my eyes in disbelief then scoffed.

"No, Ella. It's not the hormones" I started. "And I didn't lay a mouse trap for Hades out there. I gave him the option and I never intended on being dependent on Hades. You know that I've always worked hard to help my mother and to bring our family business where it is today" I started. Ella huffed and turned to look at me seriously.

"That's not the point!" She exclaimed."Look at you. Look at what you have, Luna. Hades is trying his best. You should have seen him this morning trying to sneak in our room to wake Jason up!" Ella said in amusement. "I'm not saying these things to hurt you. But Luna, Be happy with what you already have. The more you ask, the more you lose" Ella continued.

I turned my head to see Hades and Julien walking with two jugs outside. I was indeed being too demanding. Hades was trying his best. He has already told me that he was not good with relationship. It was not as if I didn't know about this part.

But Hades was here.

And I was happy at this moment.